Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 6:07 PM Last edited by letitgo1776 : 10th Dec 2016 at 5:32 PM.
Default The Sims 4 War Challenge
This challenge will take place over several generations, each generation getting steadily worse. Can your sims survive?

Set up:
1. Start with a family of any shape (Preferably a couple)
2. You can use money cheats for your house.
3. The house must have a basement.

Generation 1:
The generation begins when the first born goes to school. This will give you time to set up a family. You may skip this generation for a harder start. For this generation, play your family normally, but:
1. Once a male sim comes of age, he must go to war. Use a randomizer from 1-8. If you get an 8, your sim dies (use cheats). Otherwise, give your sim a bad trait, like in the decades challenge.
2. Every day at 6 pm, roll 1-100 for a bombing. If you get a 100, you must move all of your sims into the basement for the night by 7 pm. All remaining sims after 7 pm die.

Pretty easy right? Your family may not even be effected at all. Well, generation 2 is a little harder.

Generation 2:
1. Victory gardens have been started. You must tend a garden with at least 8 plants. (Continues throughout challenge)
2. The of-age war rule still applies, but death now occurs on 7 or 8.
3. Bombings now occur if you roll 97-100.

Getting even harder now!Generation 3:
1. Rations! Get your pen and paper out because you must mark down how much money your sims spend on food! "Get the no free snacks" mod. If your sims spend more then $60 on food/week (may need adjustment), put the fridge in the family inventory until the next week.
2. The internet is no longer being supported! You must get rid of all computers in the household.
3. The tv and radio must always be on the news station (try your best).
4. Careers are limited to business, criminal, detective, doctor, scientist, secret agent, and politician.
5. I hate to say it, but if it hasn't happened already, one of your male sims will probably die in the war. 5-8=death.
6. The child-teen trait must be randomized.(createarandomsim.com)
7. Bombing is now 95-100.

This is getting super hard now!

Generation 4:
1. Continue all of the rules from generation 3.
2. Schools can no longer remain open. Get the no school mod.
3. The baby-child AND child-teen traits must be randomized.
4. Deaths are still 5-8, but women are now being drafted as well.
5. Bombing is now 90-100.

Generation 5:
If you've made it this far, through all of this chaos, congratulations! A peace treaty has been signed and the war is over! You have won the challenge! Leave any suggestions below!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 11:07 PM
This sounds interesting. It's complicated enough to be interesting but not so complicated your spending all of your time scratching your head trying to remember if you just broke a rule or not. I think I am going to try it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 7:34 PM
Okay, I've played this for a bit and I am going to suggest you consider adding an optional start. I have problems setting up routines for my sims. i usually need a couple of sim weeks to do that. My suggestion would be to start with a new couple and no children. They must have at least two and the war starts when the youngest starts school. It escalates when the oldest comes of age, moving on to the gen two stage at that point.

It's just a thought.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
Okay, I've played this for a bit and I am going to suggest you consider adding an optional start. I have problems setting up routines for my sims. i usually need a couple of sim weeks to do that. My suggestion would be to start with a new couple and no children. They must have at least two and the war starts when the youngest starts school. It escalates when the oldest comes of age, moving on to the gen two stage at that point.

It's just a thought.

Thanks, I'll add that in!
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 5:18 AM
I like this idea.

Another thought/possible addition -- what about some negative effect other than death?
1) Instead of *everyone* outside the basement dying, sims who have sturdy enough shelter to protect from the main explosion age up 10 days due to radiation sickness instead. The ones at work get sick (lose 10 days). After all, their jobs might have basements, just not the spiffy family bomb shelter. This might make the game rules easier than you wanted, though...
2) There could be quarantine rules when they get sick due to rampant fear of superbug biological weapons. Sims'd be sealed in a quarantine room for the duration of their illness. This room would have been built impromptu, so it would have some "just in case" furniture and candles, but no plumbing or electricity. A group meal can be placed in the sick sim's inventory if it's prepared as soon as the sim's illness is discovered. Pre-existing inventory (including food) would stay with the sim and be usable.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenbailey79
I like this idea.

Another thought/possible addition -- what about some negative effect other than death?
1) Instead of *everyone* outside the basement dying, sims who have sturdy enough shelter to protect from the main explosion age up 10 days due to radiation sickness instead. The ones at work get sick (lose 10 days). After all, their jobs might have basements, just not the spiffy family bomb shelter. This might make the game rules easier than you wanted, though...
2) There could be quarantine rules when they get sick due to rampant fear of superbug biological weapons. Sims'd be sealed in a quarantine room for the duration of their illness. This room would have been built impromptu, so it would have some "just in case" furniture and candles, but no plumbing or electricity. A group meal can be placed in the sick sim's inventory if it's prepared as soon as the sim's illness is discovered. Pre-existing inventory (including food) would stay with the sim and be usable.

These are very good suggestions! How about everyone uses these instead of the ones above if you want? Maybe there could also be a dice roll for this?
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:11 AM
Hah, yall got nothin on me
My house is underground. :>
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 6:04 AM
I think I might try this one too...

I'm trying everything today
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 1:06 AM
I have a good idea. If there's a bombing roll again, and if its 95-100 then your house is destroyed and you have to get a new one :>