Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 1:44 AM
Default Will this play the Sims 4+ all expansions?
So I am looking into buying a prebuilt gaming pc from Best Buy and I came across a $750 cyberpowerpc and was wondering if it would be good enough to play the Sims 4 + current and future expansions + custom content at high settings?

Specs:

AMD FX 6300 processor

Native six-core processing delivers aggressive yet power-smart performance for advanced gaming, complex modeling and HD video editing. AMD Turbo CORE technology dynamically adjusts to match the need of the moment.
16GB system memory for advanced multitasking

Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.
1TB hard drive and 120GB solid state drive (SSD) for a blend of storage space and speed

The hard drive provides ample storage, while the SSD delivers faster start-up times and data access.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060

Powered by 6GB dedicated video memory to quickly render high-quality images for videos and games.

I also plan on playing games like Skyrim, GTA V, Planet Coaster, and the Sims 3 but the Sims 4 is my main reason for buying a new pc. I don't really want to pay more than $800 for a new computer but am willing to be more flexible with my budget if need be. What do you guys think, will it get the job done or should I keep searching?

p.s. I've heard an Intel processor would be better suited for the Sims 4 but is it really that much better than an AMD processor? Will I be sacrificing anything if I choose AMD over Intel? I don't mind having to wait a bit extra for the game to load but will the AMD processor cause my game to lag?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th May 2017 at 8:36 AM Last edited by ajaxsirius : 5th May 2017 at 9:07 AM.
Im not on my computer right now so i cant give you hard facts but im pretty sure its more than enough for the Sims 3/4. It should run GTA V and Skyrim on medium - high settings.

Intel has been better from a performance per dollar and per watt point of view in the past but i dont know if thats still true. I wouldn't be able to advise you without knowing your purchasing options.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th May 2017 at 5:42 PM
Do not buy from CyberPower (or their other company, iBuyPower). They're known scammers: they refurbish old computers and parts and sell them as new, and if you encounter problems their customer support will repeatedly stall you until the warranty runs out, at which point they'll refuse to help because the warranty's run out. They point blank refuse to do refunds or returns; all they'll do is take the machine in for repair, and return it unfixed. They're cheap because they're selling crap.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#4 Old 6th May 2017 at 4:16 PM
Woops! Totally didn't see that part where the OP said it was a cyberpower! I have to agree with what Nysha said. Seen lots of people complain in the past about Cyberpower and iBuyPower.