Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2018 at 11:55 AM
Default WTF? Mesh line / shade werid thingy. HELP!!
I know there one for Milkshape but I found Blender better for me. To me, I found using Milkshape a hassle to use and Blender is okay. Basically, I made a mesh of some underwear with a bulge. It all okay (Fat morph I need to improve with) it just they got that strange shade thing. Is there anyone who can say any solution, again Milkshape it not my cup of tea.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th May 2018 at 2:48 PM
Make sure you don't have autosmooth enabled if using Milkshape. If you're using Blender, you may want to check if thee's a similar setting there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2018 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Make sure you don't have autosmooth enabled if using Milkshape. If you're using Blender, you may want to check if thee's a similar setting there.

I tried that and has no effect. Have you got Milkshape? If so should I Message you the file
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th May 2018 at 4:12 PM
Try "remove doubles" in blender.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2018 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Surei
Try "remove doubles" in blender.

what you mean by that?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th May 2018 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMple
what you mean by that?

The easiest way is to press space and typing "remove doubles" in edit mode, it will merge all overlapping vertices.
I'd definitely recommend looking up some tutorials on Blender's interface if you're just starting out.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st May 2018 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SmugTomato
The easiest way is to press space and typing "remove doubles" in edit mode, it will merge all overlapping vertices.
I'd definitely recommend looking up some tutorials on Blender's interface if you're just starting out.

Okay I did that but there are more problems, both fat, and Pregnant morph looks creepy now
Field Researcher
#8 Old 31st May 2018 at 11:12 AM
Okay I did that but there are more problems, both fat, and Pregnant morph looks creepy now

I've come across this a few times as well, it seems to be a bug in Blender with shape keys. I've always been able to fix it by undoing and repeating the action.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st May 2018 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SmugTomato
I've come across this a few times as well, it seems to be a bug in Blender with shape keys. I've always been able to fix it by undoing and repeating the action.

Should I just send you it so you can fix it, I know Blender bit is just Sims 2 mesh is still new to me? If you want to be to, the mesh file or both the package. file
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:03 AM
Should I just send the file to someone and see if they can fix it?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 12:58 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Jun 2018 at 4:10 PM.
If you do any changes to the main mesh, you'll have to remake the morphs. There are a few ways to avoid remaking them, though (but since morphs isn't one of my talents, you're better off finding a good tutorial on the matter)

Each vertex has an assigned number, and morphs work because all the vertices share eithe the same or the relative spot and number as the main mesh, so only the vertices that are changed on the morph move. If changes are made to the main mesh that puts the vertices on the morph out of their assigned number (like combining, removing or adding vertices), the morph explodes ingame (even if it looks fine in the meshing program).

Do all the fixes you need to do on the main mesh, then make new morphs by copying the main mesh and moving the vertices to where you want them to be on that morph. Remember changing comments and group names and all that.
Scholar
#12 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 1:26 PM
Should I just send the file to someone and see if they can fix it?

Yes, the .package file is best so we can extract to suit our software.
The dark shading problem is usually fixed by 'splitting' the mesh where there is an abrupt change in angle like under buttocks and breasts.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 1:52 PM
Thanks, I will try credit you all once I can upload this which is when the mesh will be fixed. Thanks to everyone who took their time to respond