Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:48 PM
Default sims 3 caw beta has crashed - attempted to read or write from protected memory
hello,
has anyone else had the message i have above?
full message is

*sims 3 caw tool has crashed,
attempted to read or write protected memory.this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt*

my caw wont load at all!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:34 PM Last edited by fluttereyes : 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:10 PM.
Neil, just saw this here but have already emailed you the other stuff.

Did you do the Ambitions update today?

see here http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...ll-not-run.html

It's a bug in the patch. I'd leave it for a day or so and watch the threads over there to see when it has been fixed.

Here's what EA are saying

Our developers are aware of this issue and are currently investigating possible solution. We do not have any workarounds or troubleshooting steps you can try to get Create a World to work with Ambitions at the moment.

If you would like to receive an update when we receive more information regarding this issue, click on the Notify Me button below.
Theorist
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 12:43 AM
I don't think it's a bug I think that it's merely that EA didn't think to update CAW as well, Can't wait for it to be fixed though Ambitions has some nice town objects

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:44 AM
yeah I'm sure it's just that they didn't update it for CAW, but that is known as a bug, it's something that doesn't work. I don't think it will take them long to sort it though
Retired
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:48 AM
You know with EA's bugs. After all, WA has been out six months and they still haven't fixed the family tree bug in that. Let's just hope this CAW issue doesn't run deep.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:30 PM
I got my ambitions through today. I'm not putting it on my desktop with CAW, so I installed it on the laptop and kept my pc clear of it. I had no isses installing it, playing it or anything. I'm sure it's just CAW that's causing this issue, so people without CAW should be ok. I'll test my world and see if it still plays ok, I transferred it over. I don't imagine there should be a problem
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:32 PM
ya i have it to.
it happend rite after in installed Ambitions.

and im kinda disapointed i put lots of hard work into a townlike most of you.
to then have ea make it so easey any one can do it lol

oh well we are all just wating on another patch by EA :D
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 6:11 PM
I saw a post from SimGuruBrent on the official forums telling folks to keep their current CAW saves because they are working on the issue. I woke up in the middle of the night worrying that my Mimosa files would be corrupt! I even made a backup before installing the patch/Ambitions but still, I worried that the old world files might not be compatible. I sure hope Brent is right on this one! I do have a copy of the world as a saved game at the moment and can build there but I see all these cool CAW things in Twinbrook that I want in my town! Those hanging street lights..I love those!
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:25 AM
and the dam it looks like ther are multipl water hights to

hope thay fix it
Scholar
#10 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
I saw a post from SimGuruBrent on the official forums telling folks to keep their current CAW saves because they are working on the issue. I woke up in the middle of the night worrying that my Mimosa files would be corrupt! I even made a backup before installing the patch/Ambitions but still, I worried that the old world files might not be compatible. I sure hope Brent is right on this one! I do have a copy of the world as a saved game at the moment and can build there but I see all these cool CAW things in Twinbrook that I want in my town! Those hanging street lights..I love those!

I just haven't installed it on the pc I have CAW on. I don't see why your world files wouldn't be compatible, though I think if you build it with Ambitions in place, it might mean that people have to have Ambitions to play it.

I'll just be waiting till I put out this version before modifying my world to make it ok for Ambitions too and then I can add the cool street lights, etc
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:45 AM
Can someone help? I get this problem and I don't even have ambitions installed. I have Base Game and High-End loft stuff updated to latest version. I get the same error.
Retired
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:39 AM
It's an error with the patch and ambitions. I'm missing CAW like CRAZY too (seriously). We just have to wait it out.

Instructor
#13 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:19 PM
I'm having terrible withdraw from CAW as well. I haven't patched my laptop or installed Ambitions on there yet. Technically, I *could* world build there, but my laptop is ungodly slow. But on the other hand, I'm kinda excited about all the Twinbrook stuff they will add for CAW when they do fix it.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:40 AM
its sad its like a drug we are all having withdrals

I NEEEEEED ROADS NOW I SED NOW HA HHHHAAAH AH ...............
Scholar
#15 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampiro
Can someone help? I get this problem and I don't even have ambitions installed. I have Base Game and High-End loft stuff updated to latest version. I get the same error.

You only had to read as far as the second post here to see what has happened, you don't need help, you just have to wait for a patch like us.

I haven't played ambitions yet, it's on the laptop and I hate playing on the laptop. I'd rather keep my pc free for CAW as I'm so close to getting my world finished. I'd rather do it without ambitions installed anyway so it's compatible for just WA
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 12:09 PM
so wait fluttereyes your telling us that without ambitions or the latest WA patch on you could still use CAW, right? or am i just reading this wrong
Instructor
#17 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:21 PM
That's what she's saying. And I can concur, I did a reinstall up to HELS, and CAW is working fine for me now. Can't play Ambitions of course, but oh well, I'm working on some World mods for the moment.

This space intentionally left blank...
Scholar
#18 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nathanglover92
so wait fluttereyes your telling us that without ambitions or the latest WA patch on you could still use CAW, right? or am i just reading this wrong

You're reading it right. If you don't have the patch ambitions installed then it's the same as before, simples.

This issue is only caused by the latest patch and ambitions, so if you're working on a world and want to keep working on it, it's best not to update to the latest patch or install ambitions until they bring out the fix
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:02 AM
dayum ! lol if my laptop wasnt bust i cud easily install it on there up till the point where it breaks so i cud continue work on my world.... cheers for the advice may have to abandon ambitions and the patch for a while till they fix it,
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:31 PM
I hope they fix this soon. I just installed the latest patch and then suddenly, CAW does this.
Retired
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:10 AM
So I just reinstalled CAW, skipping the latest patch. I made a startling discovery. Every single one of my projects is now corrupt and will not save. Many of them won't open at all.

I am very worried by this... ...anyone else found anything similar?

Instructor
#22 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
So I just reinstalled CAW, skipping the latest patch. I made a startling discovery. Every single one of my projects is now corrupt and will not save. Many of them won't open at all.

I am very worried by this... ...anyone else found anything similar?

This has been happening, yes. On the official forum people have had success by restoring one of the backups (that CAW automatically creates every time you save), which was not corrupted.

This space intentionally left blank...
Retired
retired moderator
#23 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 1:58 PM
Yes, I tried that on some of my files, but consistently got the corrupt message while trying to save them. Not happy news. I hope some of them can be salvaged.

Theorist
#24 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 6:52 PM
That happens to me too
I lost all I been working...
I hope this have a solution...I really love to build my own city.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#25 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 8:48 PM
Phew, I was worried that I didn't properly rescue all the bits and pieces of my world from my old PC! But it was just EA screwing up again.
On the other hand, who knows how long we're going to wait for the fix :/
Page 1 of 4