Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 11:07 PM
Default Exporting and importing specific Layers from original to another world?
Is it possible to like take a layer from a premade world and like import each object in it with the exact position of each of course? I wanted to have the Trees layer from an EA world and import it to a new world with that world's height map, but don't know how. It looks like all layers are settled in the Global Layer as it appears in Documents.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 12:51 PM
bump
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 6:12 AM
I would think in theory it would work, but I haven't tried it. Have you been able to test it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 1:36 PM
I have. Someone uploaded an empty version of that world, so I downloaded it and got it into CAW. Then after saving it got screwed up. I created a new world with the same height map and then I went to Layers in that world and copy-pasted the Trees layer to my new world from the empty EA downloaded world but nothing happened. For some reason it didn't affect my world. The trees weren't there.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 10:08 PM
I bet one or more of the UNKN resources needs to be imported in as well. Identifying which ones would be the tricky part.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 1:25 PM
Any news yet?
I need to get this done real soon. *sigh*