Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 8:15 AM
Default Does anyone else accidentally call 'people' 'sims'
So I was talking to my buddies and I think I said something like this "Do you know how some sims are crazier than others?" I meant to say people instead. They looked at me and we continued talking. I think I play too much Sims 2, 3 and 4....
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 1:03 PM
I've never actually done that, but I do sometimes look at people's hairstyles and think 'Oh, I like that mesh'!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 1:40 PM
I often see stuff and think "I need that for my sims!" but I've never called people "sims".
Theorist
#4 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 3:31 PM
Nope, never done that, but I have imagined ++ and -- above peoples' heads as I speak to them. Mostly --.

Resident wet blanket.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 8:58 PM
We are all Sims, and it's important to keep that in mind, lest we lose our compassion. Yet, I have found that the Sims in the Outside World do not like to be referred to as Sims, because they want to be seen as fundamentally different from those in the game. But then, the more-specific term "Outsider" is even more off-putting for them... so what can you do, right?

My point is that there are no very simple rules that will work in every community. It's best, I think, to listen to their conversation and notice the terms they seem more comfortable with, such as "person" or "Canuck."
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 8:08 AM
Game is life, game to life, life is game.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 9:09 AM
I've called sims people before, but not the reverse. People are people, sims are their own type of people, and also sometimes just code, but usually not. Darn emotions and empathy getting in the way. Something something philosophical

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:26 PM
I actually flip it around. But try not to develop a complex if you're a veteran since 2000

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)