Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#15951 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:48 AM
A fun quick one (in which Dustin gives some horrible fatherly advice);

1.32 Operation Family Fun

Also pics are unrelated, just cute and didn't make it in xP
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#15952 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 10:36 PM
I'm here with a new blog! \o/
The Harris legacy is of course still being continued (I actually have the 2 next chapters prepared but my two real life readers are on vacation so I want to wait with publishing them until they're back ) but I felt like I also needed a fast-paced, laid-back legacy. That and I discovered the "Nothing is free" Challenge which can be combined with the RLC so I will do exactly that.

1.1 Arrested on an empty island

This one is on default life span and with the new rules applied from the start, and it's more focused on gameplay than (realistic) story and looks. Hope you enjoy anyway!
(ah yeah, maybe NSFW warning for somewhat nekkid sim?)
Field Researcher
#15953 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:21 AM
Glad you're back, slashbanghorror! I agree, your real life needs come first! Main reason why I only just finished my latest update.

Firelightknight, I hope you can get ambitions and late night working again! Do you have them through origin? It's been pretty easy for me to install with origin when I got a desktop. If you bought discs but still have the activation codes, you could try using the codes on there instead of using the discs to install.

Frogsnack, I need to catch up on yours. Jyo certainly is pretty. O_O I've been trying to figure out whose features she got from each of her parents. She's definitely got a good mix!

Update: Chapter 9.16
Scholar
#15954 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:43 AM
I have another update, Chapter 4.11
Lab Assistant
#15955 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:58 PM
Lab Assistant
#15956 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 1:29 AM
Update: Chapter 3.14: Michele's Exodus

My household keeps getting smaller and smaller.

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Lab Assistant
#15957 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:13 PM
Sorry, I know I'm pumping these updates out like crazy but the heat outside is absolutely unbearable and I'm afraid I'll combust spontaneously if I leave the house before 6pm. So I stay inside and play all day

1.3 - First community lot: the Salon!

Pic dump of the new lot + a bit of rule talk.
Field Researcher
#15958 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heatherfeather19
Frogsnack, I need to catch up on yours. Jyo certainly is pretty. O_O I've been trying to figure out whose features she got from each of her parents. She's definitely got a good mix!

Thank you! That girl is too much, I've never gotten a sim like her and I've played hundreds or thousands of different sims.
(I have to catch up on nearly everything on this page T_T Nothing but appointments the next two days, so I'll totally be out in the sunshine driving all over town). I read & comment again soon ya'll!

Test Subject
#15959 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 3:32 PM
@heatherfeather19 man, I wish it were that easy. I do have them on origin, but unfortunately the problem with Late Night isn't that it won't install - it's just that once I have it installed, the game won't open. Unknown error code before it even opens the launcher. So if I want to actually play the game, I have to uninstall it. With Ambitions, Origin acts as if it's already installed, but the game (and uninstaller) acts as if it isn't. It's like, in some weird limbo or something. I can't install it because Origin thinks it already is installed, but I can't uninstall it because it isn't actually there. And unfortunately, I have the tech skills of an alcoholic monkey and therefore have no idea how to fix it.

Anyway, here's a long overdue update.
1-5 // Blowing Off The Dust
Lab Assistant
#15960 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:01 PM
Hello!

Sorry about the wait, and for such a short chapter. My hours at work have increased, so finding the time to play the game and write chapters has been tricky. But, I have managed to put something together for you all.

I have four toddlers under one roof D:

Chapter 1.3 - Toddlers and References, Oh My!
Lab Assistant
#15961 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:02 PM
Test Subject
#15962 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:58 PM
Because I have no life, here's another update.

1-6 // Even More Awkward Dates
Instructor
#15963 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 10:38 PM
Hi. I'm here. Six months after I posted a cliffhanger. I will accept it if you shun and/or pelt me with rotten tomatoes.

Anyway, it looks like I have a lot of reading to do now that my life as evened out! I have a chapter to contribute to the pile:
2.24. BItten, Not Born

Lab Assistant
#15964 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:09 PM
OWLY So happy you're back!
And just recently, now that FirelightKnight and slashbanghorror are back, I thought to myself "huh, now it's almost everyone from when I started blogging again... but Owly's missing!" and there she is
Instructor
#15965 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:10 PM
I'm so happy to be back, too! I've been posting a gameplay legacy on Tumblr, but it hasn't been the same. ;-; And I see now you have TWO legacies for me to read! I can't wait to get started. <3

Scholar
Original Poster
#15966 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 1:14 AM
Yay Owls! I missed you! And the Bee swarm!

I've been busy with some other projects lately and haven't had much time to play. If I posted now, I'd only have half a chapter. :[ I have loads of ideas written down though, for when I get more time. =)
Field Researcher
#15967 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:45 PM
Owly I love it!! (Dominic is arrogant, lol of course he is- I see how he could come off that way but I think he's a secret sweetheart!!)
Welcome black lady ^_^

Also on another note, has anyone here tried playing a Wishacy? Because I was following a blog that seems to have disappeared, and now that I've got Everet (spoilers on his YA form) doing one, I'm having trouble figuring out what I can let him do. (For example, he rolled a wish to quit his job and I have a hard time believing that I can let him do any job ever...) but I can't find a thread about it here or at the sims site. :/
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#15968 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Nocriel : 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:47 PM.
@Frogsnack Just let him quit his job, unemployed sims will roll a new wish to start a career pretty soon (just hope it's not the same one he just quit!). You got a blog for that wishacy?

edit to avoid double post: New NIF update, more important Harris update will come on sunday.
1.5 - New jobs, less money
Lab Assistant
#15969 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:15 PM
Working on an update for the Van Hofwegens but then this happened. I am in tears from laughing so hard!
Screenshots

~*Keyneky*~

Lab Assistant
#15970 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:19 PM
So, I've played up until my Gen Two children are all teenagers. Doesn't seem long ago they were all just being born!

Got my next gen rolls as well, so my heir has been picked out based on them.

I also have a new chapter in the works, but it'll come out tomorrow when I'm not headache-y and tired.
Field Researcher
#15971 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
@Frogsnack Just let him quit his job, unemployed sims will roll a new wish to start a career pretty soon (just hope it's not the same one he just quit!). You got a blog for that wishacy?

Okay FINE I was gonna be lazy as I basically just started playing today but here we go... I hear short, sweet and lazy stories are all the rage these days. +_+

((@Keynekey WHUT are you doing to your sims? *ahem*))

Ehhhhnyways, slight spoilers on the Sparrows, but what do I care about that (his backstory basically is his future story in the RLC)? If I even write it that way. I'll toss this in my signature for anyone who would like to follow it, it's not an RLC so I won't post it here unless something relevant happens someday. If anyone can find the Wishacy thread I'd love to join it, but basically I have a few blogs I follow and the rules at this point and that's all.

1.0 Welcome to Lucky Palms - Everet's Lucky or Not
Everet is Rebellious, a Born-Salesman, has Commitment Issues, is Charismatic and is Easily Impressed. Seemed like he'd have some fun whims if they were to be followed. As a reminder, he is Eugene and Lize's second son, and Jyoti and Jet's second cousin.

This story will be more snarky, short and sweet, like a play by play and less of a (freakin) novel. Cheers.
Screenshots

Scholar
#15972 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:15 AM
I have another update, Chapter 4.12 . now off to read some updates
Lab Assistant
#15973 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:22 PM
Hello everyone!

I am back with a new chapter: Chapter 1.4 - Five Birthdays and an "Eeugh"

Yeah, sorry for the rushed quality D: I typed it up when I was in a hurry. If there's any grammar mistakes, please let me know and I'll fix them when I get time!
Lab Assistant
#15974 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
((@Keynekey WHUT are you doing to your sims? *ahem*))

You would think I was doing something insane but Vera was just trying to read Brooke to sleep. I guess that's a no-no in my game. Brooke was less than amused by all of this.

I'm off to read your wishacy. What is a wishacy anyway?

~*Keyneky*~

Lab Assistant
#15975 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:53 PM
I use these rules for my wishacy game. http://buckeygirl80.blogspot.com/p/intro-and-rules.html

According to the description on this page a wishacy is a legacy where: "The idea is that the legacy is led by your founder, or heir/heiress, and that there is very little you can choose for your simmy in charge, you must do what their wishes/opportunities tell you to do."

I have found it to be very fun, challenging, and sometimes maddening!

--Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.--

** Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain **
Page 639 of 676