Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2019 at 3:33 PM
Default Tips to reduce lag.
Hello guys / girls.

Apart from basic thing that you should do such as ensure that you have decent computer / using overwatch and error trap. Today I will share some tips to reduce lag in our beloved game.

1.Set high detail lot to 1.

High detail lot will render your neighbor at higher quality. The game will load tons of small files (PC enthusiast call "4K QD1") which cause extreme stutter on HDD but somewhat less noticeable on SSD. When set to 1 your neighbor will looks blur but performance is worth it since most of the time you will stay in 1 lot anyways.

2.Use some kind of fps limit such as V-Sync or FPS limiter.

This tip will not affect PC that cannot break 60FPS.

TS3 have lag problem with high FPS. I assume that it is due to engine limitation. Probably the same limit as GTA V at 180FPS+

Most monitor come with 60Hz so V-Sync will limit your frame at 60FPS. Limiting frame is still necessary even if you have 144Hz or 240Hz monitor. For those high refresh rate monitor you are better with FPS limiter such as Rivatuner since we want to limit FPS to 60. Enable V-Sync on those monitor will still send your FPS to the roof.

The more creative way for powerful GPU is try to increase load on GPU to the point that your FPS will not break 60 anyways so you don't need V-Sync or FPS limiter. There are many methods to do.

- Buy 4K monitor. Higher resolution mean your GPU have to work harder.

- Enable DSR (for Nvidia) or VSR (for AMD). Both will render your game at higher resolution (depend on setting) and scale back to your native resolution. For example if you have 1080p monitor and enable 4x DSR you will get 4K resolution (although it will not look the same as 4K native but it should be better than 1080p anyways)

Tips for DSR is try to reduce DSR smoothness as much as possible (text should still readable).

- Use Reshade. You get better graphics plus your GPU will work harder. My 1080 Ti with 1440p monitor + Reshade already tank to 40-50FPS.

3.If you have pets installed then Nraas Register is necessary.

Go to city hall -> Nraas Register -> Animal Control -> set all maximum to 0 maybe except Unicorn if you still want it.

Also for late night Go to city hall -> Nraas Register -> Global Roles -> Allow paparazzi = false -> Maximum paparazzi = 0.

This alone reduce lag so much to the point that I don't feels disturb by lag anymore. My standard gameplay is 10 Sims in at least 40x40 lot.

I also try my legacy save 28 Sims (26 Sims + 2 cats to be exact) on 64x64 lots and it feels much better than playing without Register. (although max memory used will still always kill my gameplay).

I assume those strays pets must have really bad routing problem.

Here is my system for reference.

delidded i7-8700K OC @ 5.1Ghz

16GB DDR4-2133Mhz OC @ 3500Mhz

GTX 1080 Ti UV @ 1721Mhz core / 6237Mhz mem

1TB WD Blue HDD accerelated by Intel Optane 32GB

1440p 144Hz G-Sync monitor

Windows 10 64 bit 1607

1200+ mods installed
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th May 2019 at 7:04 PM
I currently have Nrass Overwatch, but it never occurred to me to get Nrass Register. Thanks for the tips!