Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2019 at 10:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Toddler hair disappearing while growing up
Hello guys,

In the past few months, I've noticed that when my babies are growing up to toddler, hair isn't present at all.
Baby Cassandre (daughter of Bella and Mortimer Goth) have grown up as a toddler

I have a lot of CC, my default files are classified in a folder, I even deleted the toddlers hair default and melodie9 meshes.

It's a tiny problem but it annoys me when a baby grows up because there is not hair and I can't even see which hair the baby has.

Once I'm on mirror mode, the mob hair appears (for girls) and simple hair (for boys)

Does anyone have already had this problem?
If not, what do you suggest me to do?

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2019 at 10:44 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th May 2019 at 11:06 PM.
Do you use custom baby hair? If so, this is a known issue I haven't been able to solve yet. Changing the toddler's appearance in a mirror should give them hair. The default replacement and genetic hairs on my site don't create this issue, but then again they only offer one style (genetic) or aren't genetic at all (default). It's a matter of whether you can live with having to change the toddler's appearance (I always change their hair, so to me it's not such a big deal, but I'd like to figure out a way to get rid of the issue). The hairs are currently based on toddler hairs, and since hairs have a somewhat different setup from accessories, I suspect it's not possible to make a fully-fledged baby age before the toddler age in the hair setup.

If you're not using baby hair, make sure you've got meshes for the toddler hairs you do have.

Also make sure there isn't a wannabe-default hair that's causing problems with meshes. I've had a few that caused spots of color to show on all scalps, and similar. I've also had a few messed up hairs that showed like in the picture (though these have usually been my own projects while sorting out issues, not something someone uploaded). Take out your CC and see if the problem goes away. If it does, do a 50/50 search until you find the culprit. Improperly made defaults are likely to cause this kind of issue.

I don't think Melodie9's hairs cause these issues, but you shouldn't delete only meshes or you will get issues like this. Hair recolors can show up without the mehses, but usually turn up invisible or looking like a maxis hair in the thumb (or both) when they don't find a mesh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2019 at 10:58 PM
Yes! I have the baby hairs from moonlightdragon. I'll take these off and try without them! I'll keep you in touch.

If not I'll try the 50/50 method. I already had a similar problem with AF/TF/EF simple hair and had to do the 50/50 method and the problem wasn't even a default but a package from eir-sims.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th May 2019 at 11:27 PM
simmer22 is the creator at Moonlightdragon @Qidy No 50-50 needed that's what happens when you use the baby hair. She says so right there on the baby hair uploads. It's a trade-off, baby hair vs no baby hair. What do you want more? What I do is have the simblender ready and immediately change appearance on it as soon as even the confetti clears.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th May 2019 at 11:29 PM
It's not really a problem, it's simply something you put up with if you want baby hair. I like the baby hair and put up with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2019 at 11:30 PM
I actually didn't know that! XD thank you for telling me! But what if I download baby hair as a default, it will default only one color?

For instance I want to download genetic baby hair. Does the baby growing up to a toddler will have the empty head thing? Will it be the same with custom hair?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th May 2019 at 11:33 PM
The older hairs don't have that issue but they are not as versatile or genetic. simmer22 will know better on the hair details. I think it's just the newer generation of hair. It's been a while since I used the other but I don't recall it having this issue.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2019 at 12:00 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th May 2019 at 12:15 AM.
My baby hairs are marked as custom, genetic or default. The custom ones have their own section, to avoid any confusion.

Custom hairs are truly custom, you can have as many as you want, they show with the proper hair color, and are randomized at birth just like toddler hairs are (but can be switched, changed color , etc. under change appearance). Because they're based on toddler hairs, toddlers unfortunately get a missing scalp upon growing up, but this can be easily changed with a mirror or mod (Insim/Simblender/similar).
* I haven't yet figured how to fix the toddler issue or how to make a hairstyle work from baby and up, but it's one of those 'still in the back of my mind' things, so I haven't given it up yet.

The default hairs (original concept by Bloom @ Insim) are one size/color fits all. If you pick a curly blonde hair with a bow, that's what every baby will have regardless of their gender or actual hair color. I think Chris Hatch made a girl/boy version, so technically you can have one for each gender, but other than that they're just a replacement for the baby head. Toddlers aren't affected.

The genetic hairs are kind of a hybrid default hair. It shows with the correct hair color (4 colors) and bows for girls are optional, but you can only have one hair style in your game. They do show fine for default skins, but I'm not entirely sure if they work for custom skins (something to do with how they're made - the original was by Chris Hatch). Toddlers aren't affected.
* I had some issues with getting multi-layered meshes to behave with these, and by the time I figured out what was wrong I'd already started working on the custom hairs, so I ended up not making more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th May 2019 at 7:45 AM
I would like to thank you both. I didn’t know about that because I usually don’t read on moonlightdragon the problems that could have occurred with the custom hair baby.
I have downloaded the genetic hairs and it works perfectly fine (I use defaults skins from Leh). I’m so happy that the problem isn’t here anymore!

Thank you.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th May 2019 at 11:48 AM
The stickies are important because they explain how things work (along with what doesn't work), and I've tried making them easy to read and follow. They should answer about 99% of your questions, and I add information to them if need be, even some of the obscure 'only I have ever seen this in the testing phase' things. My thought is that if people read them, they shouldn't need to ask for help unless they stumble upon something new that I haven't covered yet