Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 3:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it possible to change a dormie into a regular student?
If so, how? I have tried making the dormie selectable but she still does not show up as a student in the lot icon. Would having a regular student invite her to Move In do the trick?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 4:32 AM
You would have to invite them to move in. then you'll have 2 sims to control. I hope your dorm room has 2 beds..or a double bed.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 5:07 AM
Like all NPC's you move them in. You will have to move your playable out of the dorm into a rental house to get that option though. Once playable you can move them into a dorm together with a dorm room with 2 doors, one for each and a double bed. I've done this a few times over the years.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 6:33 AM
Are you really sure? Because I had dorm rooms with 2 single beds, and my playable student could invite a non-playable to move in...even though that sim was already renting a room..or i am just mixing up stuff?
Then instead of controlling only my playable, I had 2..sharing the same door.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 7:58 AM
How could they share 1 door though? The sim controlling the door will have their picture on it.
Might be something to add to the new testing thread, but that's how I always did it, at a rental house and back in if I wanted to although I mostly stayed at the rental.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How could they share 1 door though? The sim controlling the door will have their picture on it.
Might be something to add to the new testing thread, but that's how I always did it, at a rental house and back in if I wanted to although I mostly stayed at the rental.

The best way to make a Dormie Playable with out using a mod or something like that is to make sure that the Playable Sim is living in House and not in a Dorm, and then one just needs to make sure that the Playable Sim is at least good friends and then invite the Dormie over {or teleport them} and then invite them to move in, they might refuse because the relationship is not high enough. In my experience being lovers makes it easier to get the Dormie to move in.

I have found that if the Sim that is asking the Dormie is living in a Dorm that it will not work properly, so I would not recommend even trying to do it, instead have your Sim move to a house and invite the Dormie to move in while living there. Works easiest if there is a romantic relationship such that you can have them get engaged.

If your playable is at a Greek House you can invite the Dormie over {or teleport them} and you are friends you can Ask the Dormie to Pledge. Then make sure that the Dormie is visiting the Greek House several times and eventually there will be a message popup that says that the Dormie has spent enough time and can move in. Then at that point you have any sim that lives in the Greek House use the Propose and invtite them to Move in, they never refuse in this case.

The Maxis Universities have Single Gender Greek Houses, but if one wants to have a Co-Ed Greek House nothing stops you, just ask Sims to Pledge like you would anyway, only you don't have to just ask males or females as the case may be.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 9:34 AM
That's why I said move them to a rental house then ask the dormie to move in, in the post above that one.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 9:38 AM
That's why I said move them to a rental house then ask the dormie to move in, in the post above that one.

I wanted to add my bit about Greek Houses, that was my main point.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 1:19 PM
Ok well, don't listen to me OP, I am obviously mixing things up...

Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 7:52 PM
I tried using Move In with Inge's teleporter. I had played the girl with her freshman semesters after just making her selectable. Move In caused her to be reset to the beginning of freshman year. The regular student (male) was not yet good enough friends with her to ask her to move in. No romantic relationship between them. The girl is already engaged to another student who has already moved out. I am currently playing a modified Apocalypse challenge and this girl is the founder's fiancée. I decided she should have all the education she could get in the time it takes him to lift the first restriction. It would not be logical for her to just sit around doing nothing for several years.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 12:26 AM
If you can get her to the fiance's lot, he can ask her to move in and she'll grow up. She's supposed to have the same degree as him, but I always have to batbox that part. You won't be able to marry her in as a YA unless you have a mod.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
I tried using Move In with Inge's teleporter. I had played the girl with her freshman semesters after just making her selectable. Move In caused her to be reset to the beginning of freshman year. The regular student (male) was not yet good enough friends with her to ask her to move in. No romantic relationship between them. The girl is already engaged to another student who has already moved out.
I am currently playing a modified Apocalypse challenge and this girl is the founder's fiancée. I decided she should have all the education she could get in the time it takes him to write my essay fast and lift the first restriction. It would not be logical for her to just sit around doing nothing for several years. I never tried to skip college though.

I wanted to speed up college, but nothing worked for me. Will the unis share the dormies if I have 2 unis in one hood? I've seen a topic on reddit, where a guy boasted of his dormies with the police uniform.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lumuss
I wanted to speed up college, but nothing worked for me. Will the unis share the dormies if I have 2 unis in one hood? I've seen a topic on reddit, where a guy boasted of his dormies with the police uniform.

Each Uni is a 'Hood, so you can not have 2 Unies in one 'Hood. I do think that the Dormies will be pretty much the same if you are playing two Unies that are linked to the same Main Neighborhood, with the exception that Pre-Made Playables in one Uni may show up as visitors in other Unies if you have more than one. I don't think the Pre-mades are in the same category as the Dormies though, even though you can only play the pre-mades if you go to their respective neighborhood.

Been awhile since I first started with 3 Uni Neighborhoods and switched between them, so I could be wrong...But I think I am correct according to how I remember it lol. Now I just play one University, so it is easy to forget the details.

Oh there are Mods to change the Length of the Semesters in University and make them shorter, but I don't use them. I do know that they exist on MTS, do a search and you should find some.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 11:38 AM

Slightly off topic now but to address this point, the sim who's claimed the room can just leave it unlocked.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lumuss
Will the unis share the dormies if I have 2 unis in one hood?

Yes. In an unmodded game, if you have more than one university campus attached to your neighborhood, dormies will be equally likely to appear at any of them.

Simler90's "Lot Visit Mod" changes this a bit. Any YAs that have been assigned to a dorm room or rental house will now be mostly restricted to the campus that they actually live on.

Quote: Originally posted by Simler90
ALL young adults need to pass a single 10% check to appear in non-University community lots. ALL young adults need to pass a single 20% check to be able to appear on Downtown community lots. Housed young adults need to pass a single 10% check to appear in universities other than the one they are housed in.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/623811...-visit-mod.html