Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phervers
your system must be .net capable
i believe you must have 2000 or xp or server

Hi phervers,

First: thanks for the prog. I don't care if I'm a beta tester, I want this thing to work. 8-) So I give you my feedback and hope you can fix it. SimPE works fine on my systems and it requires net, too.
Your SPCI starts and runs, but it wont read the files.
Do you think it is possible to implement a "load file" option?
Perhaps it is because of my paths? I don't use standard c:\... because there is not enough space on c:.

Are there any other things that can cause the trouble?
Or: I am the only one with 98 who has this problem?

Again thanks for SPCI, it eases the pain. 8-)

Gonmag
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 9:34 PM
Wow, this is amazing!! If I now choose to disable will the program put the disabled objects in the directory? And if I want it in my game I move it from there and put it in download again? Or how does it works?
This is awsome!! Wonderful work!!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellen10
If I open a file with this program, I get the message (fom Microsoft .NET Framework):
An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

I have tried to open a simspack from a total sim and it showed all it's components. I tried to do the same for a house and again all components showed ( the house had 3 alien pc's and a ownable car in it).
But wen I tried to install a part of the sim, it said succesfull installed but it didn't show in my downloads-folder.

Then I tried the last feature, to open the sims2 pack clean insteller itself, but there I got a error:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handles.
Process id=0xd98 (3480), Thread id=0x44c(1100)
Click ok to terminate the application
Click cancel to debug the application

I clicked ok, the application ended, but a new folder was generated in the folder where the app was installed, the folder name is called disabled, in there is an empty map downloads

I have both these issues in mine. And nothing is installing now.

&| &| &| &| &| &| &|
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 10:51 PM
Well i dont know if thats the case but there was a bad version uploaded for a moment, i have reports that now everything works fine, so you might try downloading again if it still wont work try to catch me on livechat maybe i can figure something out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 11:05 PM
oh BitzyBus here's an explanation on how it works:

when you run it in folder browsing mode
you have a list of files, each has a checkbox near it,
those which are checked are enabled that is are in your downloads.
those unchecked are stored in the folder where S2PCI is installed \disbled\downloads
you simply have to check uncheck to enable/disable certain package,
Test Subject
#56 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 11:15 PM
ummm.. the program it self seems to run.. except all my downloads say "unknown".. shouldnt it know wut some of the packages are? even all the mods is unknown.. [edit: oh wait.. it got the alienware pc.. but all other mods it failed to detect... teen woohoo.. teens move out.. move in all.. no cheering.. etc

and can you add an option to view the clothing item somehow?
[ Edited 23-11-2004 11:17PM ]
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 11:17 PM
This is fantastic, thank you SO much!! :-) I sort of tried it without really knowing... *lol*
Anyway, I succesfully packed a lot after I have disabled a lot of hacked stuff and now when I look at the lot I no longer have any stuff that shouldn't be there!! :-D
Can't give yoy enough credit for this but I hope that more and more people are using it, it's really helpful!
Test Subject
#58 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 11:22 PM
um.. maybe this is beyond your skill level or beyond moddability.. but im guessing it just detects each mod by the filename... can you make it so that it goes into the package and detects which mod it is somehow? kinda like virus scanners work? it would prolly be too much work.. but it would be really cool.. and it would be awesome.. kind of like a plugin manager.. (except it works for clothes and stuff too).. and that way if there are different versions of the mods.. it might still detect all the versions regardless of the filename
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 12:35 AM
When I try to install a lot, it gives me an error message saying Cannot find the CleanPack Installer.exe. So I hit Locate button and try to direct it to the correct folder but still nothing. What did I do wrong? :?
Field Researcher
#60 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 12:51 AM
Okay, be forewarned...this will be LONG and with several or more pics.
This is my beta test report on WinMe op system.

1. Unrar-ed and installed the prog with no problem. You may wish to include in read me where the file is being installed.

2. Navigated to: C:\Program Files\Sims2Pack Clean Installer and double clicked on the .exe. All was fine. But when I clicked the UPDATE button I got the same message as ellen10 did:

If I open a file with this program, I get the message (from Microsoft .NET Framework):
An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

Even after reinstalling the same error happened. BUT when I created a shortcut of the program to the desktop and clicked that, then clicked on update the program updated without a problem.

3. Went to my houses and lots folder and picked the lot I wanted to install. For reference that lot is this one.

I had the same problem as this user:

Quote: Originally posted by Gonmag
But it didn't work for me. I have net (for SimPE and working) on my WIN98 SE system. After installing it has associated the Sims2Pack with your program, but it can't be found, even when I choose the folder.

This persisted until I went into the properties and manually associated the program. But the file WAS using your icon. Only under properties it said unknown program.

4. Okay, the file now associated, I clicked on it, unchecked what I did NOT want to install and then clicked install:

5. I went to the My Docs folder and saw this:

Where the files both named with teleport in the front where just setting in my C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder.

So I deleted them, went back to my packaged lot and did the process in step 4 again. Then went back to downloads folder and saw the same thing in pic above.

I ran TS2 and no Lot in the Bin. But there WERE three new files in my downloads directory. I used your program to see what they were and got this:

The Alienware PCs and the Topiary were the files I had selected NOT to be installed! So it was backwards, the lot was NOT installing and the unwanted files were.

6. I tried moving the files to the Teleport folder without renaming and then with removing the word teleport in front of each. Same effect. No lot, but three unwanted items in my downloads folder.

7. When I clicked on the checkbox for each three to remove the checkmark and then clicked ok the three files were removed from my downloads directory and put here:

C:\Program Files\Sims2Pack Clean Installer\Disabled\Downloads

So the main problems are:

Teleport files being put in the wrong folder and being renamed with teleport in front.

The proper checkmarks are not registering with the program and it is installing the opposite of what the user wishes.

The .exe file is a bit buggy in connection with .dotnet framework causing errors.

The program is not associating properly.

The readme files could use some instructions (not that most will read it but hey *shrug*)

I think it is an program that was GREAT potential once the bugs are ironed out.

Sorry about the crap pic quality. :-(

[ Edited 24-11-2004 12:55AM ]
Field Researcher
#61 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 1:05 AM
I can't get this to work....even though it sounds like a wonderful program...but how do I uninstall this?? I cannot find it in my control panel.....I would like to get my original little blue icons back.
Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 1:59 AM
I also would like to know how to get it uninstalled and all original icon installed I have windows xp pro and I somehow can not get this to work it shows it installing but nothing goes into my game.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#63 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 2:43 AM
Hehe now I know why phervers was kickin his pc last night

This is awesome mate - I will be testing extensively and will let you know any probs. :D

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Instructor
#64 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 3:06 AM
I'm using windows XP. This is what I did to change the original icon back. In &quot;My Computer&quot;window go to tools. Then pick folder options... Then file types. Scroll down to Sim2 file type. Highlight it then pick &quot;change&quot; A list of recomended programs are given that will open that file . Choose the old icon there. If you can't find the icon you might have to browse

[ Edited 24-11-2004 03:09AM ]

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 5:25 AM
@ phervers

Oh.. Good Job.. Thanks Phervar!!!!

And This is feature Request for future version..

It seems that &quot;packages.txt&quot; contains &quot;hexadecimal package name / descriptions&quot;..

1. How about adding file size and MD5 check sum and CRC-32 checksum of each packages in &quot;packages.txt&quot;?

2. Make the file CSV format for future expansion.

3. Add object GUID information if applicable...

4. For pakage information, Add version information or

date of release (in ISO format like &quot;2004-01-31&quot of

the packages and contact information like author information or URL if available.

Future package manager program will be able to utilize the information..

[ Edited 24-11-2004 05:45AM ]
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#66 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 6:01 AM
phervers - I am just now finishing the list of MD5 checksums by hack package - when it is finished I will pm it to you. Sorry its taken so long - I believe the fault is......RED WINE! :D

And for anyone that is interested I have found a really neat little shell integration program for check summing etc and it is free - and it works It is called SummerProperties v1.1 (strange name for geek software?)

Check the homepage for a download at:

http://www.earthmagic.org/?software

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 10:45 AM
Thanks for your feedback, i just uploaded next version it's still v1.1 but i eliminated this ugly bug with files not going to teleport directory, i also added icon to desktop while installing. I spent 30 minutes testing, but you never know.
If you ask what will be next here it is:
i'm adding an option to calculate md5 and send info to online hacklist with package info like:
name, version, author, url, description
I think that this option will not be available to everyone, cause this could cause unstoppable chaos
Field Researcher
#68 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 11:07 AM
The Clean Installer is exceptionally good and I have been using it a lot. And then a lot more after one of the SimMaxis people posted on the the Sim2 site about the possibility that a few hacsk mught be getting into downloads but they think its rare. I ahve over 100 lots that I downloaded over the past 3 weeks sitting saved in a folder and went and dowloaded another 50 randomly today. Either I have really back luck with the ones I pick for random examples or else Maxis is not looking too hard. I used the installer on all of those lots and 97 of them had a modded or hacked item that is being past along to possibily unsuspecting downloaders. The no social worker showed up in several as did the mailbox hack and the nudist patch and a great many hacked items - paintings and toddler changing table as well as the locking doors. Probably in many cases lot builders the items innocuous and just added to the lot - and maybe no one will miss the social worker but I hazard to guess some parent might get a bit concerned if their kids Sims strat wearing real skin I guess when Maxis gets enough complains about the social worker being broken they will look harder at the Exchange.

Come visit www.variousimmers.net where my original objects and recolors now reside. The site hosts many other creators, moddres and developers.
Instructor
#69 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 11:22 AM
The lot builders aren't putting these items in the lot, they are just getting stuff into the sims2pack file for some reason. The no social worker hack isn't even an object so it couldn't be put in a lot.

Maxis is trying to downplay the problem but honestly I think your experience is probably more the norm than the exception. Thing is, a lot of the, ahem, newbie types at the BBS aren't going to notice these things. I mean someone could play for an awfully long time without ever even encoutering the social worker.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phervers
Thanks for your feedback, i just uploaded next version it's still v1.1 but i eliminated this ugly bug with files not going to teleport directory, i also added icon to desktop while installing. I spent 30 minutes testing, but you never know.
If you ask what will be next here it is:
i'm adding an option to calculate md5 and send info to online hacklist with package info like:
name, version, author, url, description
I think that this option will not be available to everyone, cause this could cause unstoppable chaos

Perhaps you may wish to change file name from 11 to 12? :-)
Test Subject
#71 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 5:19 PM
I dont know what's wrong ( might be just my computer), but it still wont install the files (it can open the packs, but will not install anything) and the app itself cannot be opened (same errors-report)

is someone else having / had the same problems?
Field Researcher
#72 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 7:58 PM
The problem I posted above of having it install what I did NOT want installed is still happening even when I downloaded a different lot to try it out on.

But the files DO go to the teleport folder as they are supposed to now.

So I hope you can fix the problem of lots not importing with the info I shared.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 11:27 PM
Works like a charm for me... ;-) An a great thing also, I can now install several lots at the same time with this program! :-D Could only install one at a time earlier if I didn't renamed in the teleporter folder... This program is great!
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 12:57 AM
is someone else having / had the same problems?

Hi Ellen,

if you have Win98 installed, too, then it seems to be an OS issue.
You're then the third person running Win98 and having trouble.

Gonmag
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 25th Nov 2004 at 1:16 AM
well sorry that there was no updates, but i am working hard to get new version avaiable, i decided to rewrite large portions of code so hopefully some problems will be eliminated.
New features will include :
- more info about hacks (if i can get hack makers to help a bit)
- another way to recognize hacks (md5 checksum) so that hack makers can easily add info on their hacks
- installing to selected folder
- browsing other folders than downloads.
Here's some preview
Locked thread
Page 3 of 54