Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 3:40 PM
Default Custom Categories for the Set To Next obj with category primitive
Hello
So the Set To Next primitive has a obj with category option that lets you find objects by the categories specified in the BCONs 0x0106 & 0x016C, for example 4 returns beds, 28 sinks etc.
So what i want to o is make my own category for my own objects, and so far, i haven't found any value in the OBJD that sets this category. There's Selector Category, but that's used for something else entirely and if you check a bed for example you'll see that it's category is set to 0, not 4.
I'm puzzled, so if anyone's got any ideas i'd love to know
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 11:44 PM
You might be interested in looking at Echo and Phae's costume trunk. IIRC, the trunk is able to expand its catalog of costumes because they created their own "Costume" type and the trunk searches for objects (costumes) of that type to create its menu and then dress the Sim(s).

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
You might be interested in looking at Echo and Phae's costume trunk. IIRC, the trunk is able to expand its catalog of costumes because they created their own "Costume" type and the trunk searches for objects (costumes) of that type to create its menu and then dress the Sim(s).

This worked! i hadn't noticed the category variable before
Thanks a lot