Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 2:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing Hair
Weird. My female is pregnant and just spun into maternity clothes for the first time. When she did, her hair disappeared -- she had it before!!! Now, no matter what outfit, she has no hair. I've tried change appearance to no avail. I am pretty confused about this. Any ideas? deb
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 3:27 PM
It's possible the hair isn't enabled for maternity (which is a separate category). Hairs should at the very least be set as 137F under the Category in the PropertySet to be available for all the available clothing categories (Maternity is 100, and paired with Athletic which is 200, they add up to the 300).

It's similar to what can happen if an older hair isn't enabled for YA (hairs for both YA and A should be set as Age: 48, or one as 8 and the other as 40, plus the elder/grey as 10).

As long as you don't do any changes to her, I'm fairly sure she gets her regular hair back when she's out of maternity.

Or get a PregWearAll hack. That way she can wear anything in regular categories while pregnant, and you won't get the hair problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's possible the hair isn't enabled for maternity (which is a separate category). Hairs should at the very least be set as 137F under the Category in the PropertySet to be available for all the available clothing categories (Maternity is 100, and paired with Athletic which is 200, they add up to the 300).

It's similar to what can happen if an older hair isn't enabled for YA (hairs for both YA and A should be set as Age: 48, or one as 8 and the other as 40, plus the elder/grey as 10).

As long as you don't do any changes to her, I'm fairly sure she gets her regular hair back when she's out of maternity.

Or get a PregWearAll hack. That way she can wear anything in regular categories while pregnant, and you won't get the hair problem.

Thanks. While I don't really understand most of what you said, you said do nothing to her and she should be okay, plus get a preg outfit mod. Those I understood, Thanks again! (sorry, older, less eyesight, but still loving Sims!) deb
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 4:45 PM
Just something I forgot to add - but with a PregWearAll mod you need clothes with pregmorphs. They're easiest to spot ingame on a pregnant sim (if the outfit doesn't have a pregmorph, the belly stays flat). Most newer CC clothes have morphs, but not always, so it may be a bit of trial nd error with the CC clothes you've got in your game.
If you use maxis clothes or recolors of these, you may want to get this morph fix: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=237740