Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 7:00 PM Last edited by alector : 24th Apr 2019 at 10:52 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Good Witch is not at the palace of neverending light
Hi everyone!
I have this bug where the good witch is not at the palace of neverending light anymore and the evil witch appears there instead. The evil one also appears in the evil castle. I tried dewitchify all the evil ones but then the game creates another that pops out in the light palace. It's a small but annoying bug since it just ruins my aesthetic. Any help would be really appreciated!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 10:06 PM
might check if there are any good witches.
might also check if any file prevents good witches from appearing.

edit::
if no good witches exist, they could be re-generated if the testingcheatsenabled cheat is enabled. I think Shift-clicking on mailbox.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 9:08 AM Last edited by alector : 9th Apr 2019 at 9:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
might check if there are any good witches.
might also check if any file prevents good witches from appearing.

edit::
if no good witches exist, they could be re-generated if the testingcheatsenabled cheat is enabled. I think Shift-clicking on mailbox.

Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately there are 3 good npc witches in the neighborhood so I guess that is not the problem? I also tried playing without any mods and that didn't help either.
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 11:29 AM
Probably you would have said this, but did you do anything to the lot, like switch zoning or anything? There's a known issue where the NPCs never spawn when switching lot types unless they've been visited before they are changed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Probably you would have said this, but did you do anything to the lot, like switch zoning or anything? There's a known issue where the NPCs never spawn when switching lot types unless they've been visited before they are changed.

I first thought the bug was because I edited the lotzoning but then I tried a backup from before I edited the lot and it still had the same problem. The evil witch keeps spawning to the both of castles but not the good one.
Alchemist
#6 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 9:57 PM
Ah, so you did change lot zoning. What I have read is that there are weird issues with NPCs unless all the hobby lots have been visited in game before changing lot zoning, or something like that - I don't remember the details perfectly. Here, this is not the original I read and used, but it does say that same info: https://eulaliasims.tumblr.com/post...s-in-the-sims-2

Recently, I made the Evil Fortress unhidden so I could edit it and I had an issue the first try myself. I'm thinking it's still something with that and maybe you need to go farther back in the backups.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 10:08 PM
Ah, so you did change lot zoning. What I have read is that there are weird issues with NPCs unless all the hobby lots have been visited in game before changing lot zoning, or something like that - I don't remember the details perfectly. Here, this is not the original I read and used, but it does say that same info: https://eulaliasims.tumblr.com/post...s-in-the-sims-2

Recently, I made the Evil Fortress unhidden so I could edit it and I had an issue the first try myself. I'm thinking it's still something with that and maybe you need to go farther back in the backups.

I see! Thank you for the help! I used a backup from the time I had not edited the lot at all so I guess that can't be the issue? Do you think there's way to reinstall the magical world?
Alchemist
#8 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 10:58 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 10th Apr 2019 at 1:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by alector
I see! Thank you for the help! I used a backup from the time I had not edited the lot at all so I guess that can't be the issue? Do you think there's way to reinstall the magical world?

Hmmmm, it seems there should be a way, but you'd better wait for one of the smart modders to come along.... I can't think of a way to add it as a stealth hood, but you ought to be able to add on a shopping district made from the magic stealth hood, I think. Meetme2theriver has one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 10:11 PM
Hmmmm, it seems there should be a way, but you'd better wait for one of the smart modders to come along.... I can't think of a way to add it as a stealth hood, but you ought to be able to add on a shopping district made from the magic stealth hood, I think. Meetme2theriver has one.

Thank you in any case for your help!
Alchemist
#10 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 11:27 PM
a possible fix might be to replace the lot with some unchanged version of the lot.
not sure, but there might be a downloadable version at some site/sites.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
a possible fix might be to replace the lot with some unchanged version of the lot.
not sure, but there might be a downloadable version at some site/sites.

I would assume the witch wouldn't appear at all on that kind of lot? I mean if you edit secret lots before sims have visited them the npc are not generated. I tried take the lot from another neighborhood without the problem to that problem nhood but the lot doeasn't appear in the lots bin. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!
Alchemist
#12 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 7:37 PM
if you have a backup of the neighborhood from before the problem, might replace the neighborhood with it. otherwise, might re-create the neighborhood from scratch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 10:52 AM
I was able to fix the problem! The error occurred because when I started playing with my hood I played the game in Finnish and I now play in English. I just had to change the palace of neverending light's name from the Finnish name to the English one. Now the good witch is back at her own place