Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 4:22 PM
Default CAS Female sims with BOTH painted toenails & bellybutton ring
So on the other post, I sort of figured out how to use S3PE and figured out how to convert Sims custom content from TheSimsResource to package with Delphy's Tool. So now I would like to create my female sim to have both navel piercings and painted toenails.

For the navel piercing, I am using LadyFrontbum's piercing and for painted toenails, I am using a variety of styles from Pizazz's to Bloom's. The only thing is that painted toenails are categorized as socks, and so is bellybutton ring.

So after converting LadyFrontBum's navel ring mod to a package file, I used S3PE to change the clothing type from sock to nose ring, but when I fire up the game itself and get into CAS, the navel ring completely dissapears from the accessory section. So does anyone have any suggestion on what clothing section I can change the navel ring to so that I can find it in CAS and it won't conflict with the "socks" toenail polish?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mythik1988
So on the other post, I sort of figured out how to use S3PE and figured out how to convert Sims custom content from TheSimsResource to package with Delphy's Tool. So now I would like to create my female sim to have both navel piercings and painted toenails.

For the navel piercing, I am using LadyFrontbum's piercing and for painted toenails, I am using a variety of styles from Pizazz's to Bloom's. The only thing is that painted toenails are categorized as socks, and so is bellybutton ring.

So after converting LadyFrontBum's navel ring mod to a package file, I used S3PE to change the clothing type from sock to nose ring, but when I fire up the game itself and get into CAS, the navel ring completely dissapears from the accessory section. So does anyone have any suggestion on what clothing section I can change the navel ring to so that I can find it in CAS and it won't conflict with the "socks" toenail polish?

Nraas Master Controller allows multiple accessories per location. Note that when you return to CAS, to recolor, whichever accessory you applied last from a category is the one that will show, and no way I know of to switch to the other part that may also be socks. So, color them as you apply them, or remove the item and reapply, and color. Last thing is that all "socks", as example, may have the same overlay priority. Whichever you apply last, will show over the first, if in same location on the body.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 8:51 PM Last edited by mythik1988 : 10th Oct 2023 at 9:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Nraas Master Controller allows multiple accessories per location. Note that when you return to CAS, to recolor, whichever accessory you applied last from a category is the one that will show, and no way I know of to switch to the other part that may also be socks. So, color them as you apply them, or remove the item and reapply, and color. Last thing is that all "socks", as example, may have the same overlay priority. Whichever you apply last, will show over the first, if in same location on the body.

Ummmmm. I have no idea what any of that means :/

But I do know that you can only choose one "sock" for your Sim, and since painted toenails and LadyFrontBum's navel rings are both "socks" as far as Sims 3 CAS recognition is concerned, that means at default I can only have one or the other.

So essentially, what I'm asking is what's a good clothing category for LadyFrontBum's navel ring that I can edit to in my S3PE (see attached)?

Unless you are saying there's a better method?
Screenshots
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 11:21 PM
LadySmoks is referring to the mod MasterController which is part of a suite of mods known as NRaas.
Most of that suite are mainstays in 95% of user's mod folders, given that they fix so many issues with the game and are of generally high repute.

If you install MC, you can click on City Hall or a computer ingame to access the NRaas > MasterController settings. In the CAS section, you can allow 'Multiple Accessories Per Location' so that you are no longer restricted by one per category.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mythik1988
Ummmmm. I have no idea what any of that means :/

But I do know that you can only choose one "sock" for your Sim, and since painted toenails and LadyFrontBum's navel rings are both "socks" as far as Sims 3 CAS recognition is concerned, that means at default I can only have one or the other.

So essentially, what I'm asking is what's a good clothing category for LadyFrontBum's navel ring that I can edit to in my S3PE (see attached)?

Unless you are saying there's a better method?

Changing categories can be "easy" and create some issues. As a general rule of playing TS3, many Nraas mods are almost essential. Master Controller and it's add-ons are top of my list. Traveler fixes EA's broken travel system, and as you go thru their mods, will find many more that may fix issues you have now, or in the future, as you add CC and other mods. I use the method I mentioned, and can be found at Nraas.

As for changing the category, EA right or left garter are also just overlays. Of the list you show, perhaps necklace, as EA has a few that are overlays, so might work.

Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
LadySmoks is referring to the mod MasterController which is part of a suite of mods known as NRaas.
Most of that suite are mainstays in 95% of user's mod folders, given that they fix so many issues with the game and are of generally high repute.

If you install MC, you can click on City Hall or a computer ingame to access the NRaas > MasterController settings. In the CAS section, you can allow 'Multiple Accessories Per Location' so that you are no longer restricted by one per category.

HAHA! The old... YOU type faster than I!!! That, or you started typing around noon???

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims

Interesting...