Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 1:56 PM
Default Downloaded car needs repair...
I downloaded a car a while back. A very cute little model I liked in real life. The thing is, in game only the body shows. No wheels, no frame...
Sims can still use it but I'd rather have a whole complete Renault 5.
I opened the .package today, sure that I would find that a part in the GMDC was missing, but no. Everything seems there, and I cannot find anything wrong with either resources.
It was clone using the sport car, and the creator is Vovillia, which I trust in making descent cars, so I do not get this.
Anyone could gimme a clue as where to look, or what to find...?
I never made cars..in fact, vehicle in the sims are the one thing I never attempted to create.
Thanks.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 2:24 PM
Do the other parts, especially the wheels, have appropriate bone assignments? Have you checked the texture alpha to make sure those parts aren't alpha'd out?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 11:47 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 21st Mar 2014 at 12:30 PM.
How would I tell if the bone assignment is appropriate ?..
I can tell there are joints..but I do not know what should be connected to what.
And what alpha'd out means ? they might have been forgotten on the texture?

Thanks a lot.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 6:43 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 5th Feb 2018 at 8:08 PM.
Sorry, I'm bumping my thread as I still have no clue what's wrong with this car.
I attached the zip containing the mesh and its recolors, someone who knows cars might be able to help.
Maybe even @VoVillia yourself?
Thank you.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Renault_5.rar (1.48 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content