Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:45 PM
Default Creepo Alert!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV_LsSbnIIA This guy attempting to ether me on YouTube has been stalking and harassing my friend, and even acquired her phone number and other contact info without her knowledge or consent. He's sent her creepy texts and voicemail, and once even threatened to kill her - all because she didn't want to give him her Discord name and number. Avoid this dude.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:50 PM
That's horrible! Your friend can take this to the police. Death threats are serious. I did a quick google search and found stuff for the US for reporting issue on the internet. Have your friend do the same or do it for them. Sorry this is happening. I think there's a way to report them on youtube as well and it might be worthwhile to call the phone carrier provider and ask if they can offer assistance to block any communication from the stalker. So sorry this is happening.

*Edit - I just visited the youtube link you provided. There is a way to report that post and there may be more ways to report anything the stalker does. I think it's important that your friend does the reporting. Your friend also needs to not respond to this person in any way. I'm thinking that if people see the link and go there, the traffic will appeal to the stalker in some way, so I'm going to embed it here so no one needs to open it up in youtube.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
That's horrible! Your friend can take this to the police. Death threats are serious. I did a quick google search and found stuff for the US. Have your friend do the same or do it for them. Sorry this is happening. I think there's a way to report them on youtube as well and it might be worthwhile to call the phone carrier provider and ask if they can offer assistance to block any communication from the stalker. So sorry this is happening.

*Edit - I just visited the youtube link you provided. There is a way to report that post and there may be more ways to report anything the stalker does. I think it's important that your friend does the reporting. Your friend also needs to not respond to this person in any way. I'm thinking that if people see the link and go there, the traffic will appeal to the stalker in some way, so I'm going to embed it here so no one needs to open it up in youtube.

She did, and well, I am the one who replied in that video. My friend already reported this dude to the police, but I was trying to help him since *I* used to be a creepo back fifteen years ago - I learned to not be creepy.
Alchemist
#4 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM
Some people..

Video got removed.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#5 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 9:57 PM
Huh, I was expecting this thread to be about @haywud

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:19 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 6th Jul 2018 at 2:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Some people..

Video got removed.

I know... he uploaded a new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40daCjZLcVk

But wow... I'm trying to get him to respect himself and other peoples' boundaries - something *I* needed to learn at that age - and he's not listening. Kinda appropriate and karmic I guess, since someone back then gave ME some good advice on how to behave online and *I* didn't listen.

Edit: Nother vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p5AfmnEHQw

And he reveals even more creepy - he searched for my friend's address and got it off of a website. Oh man. What a lunatic. What a special kind of crazy...
Space Pony
#7 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
:O

When I was in the Divergent Fandom there was this weirdo harassing people. Dude was buggin me for nudes n shit. He was buggin girls, dudes other than me and everything. Finally someone put something up and we all came with our stories and he was eventually banned. Harassment is nothing new to me as both me and my sister both went through it. I have so many people blocked on my phone and social medias it's crazy and it's happen in person too!

Dag-Dag
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 6:57 AM
Yikes! Guess I'm kinda privileged as I only ever had a few people harassing me online and it never leaked into real life.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 12:54 PM
What does "he's trying to ether me" mean?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
What does "he's trying to ether me" mean?

In this case, it means he's trying to harshly humiliate me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ether_(song)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 9:38 PM
Collecting personal information to use for purposes of harassment is not allowed on a number of big social media sites but I forgot the technical name.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#12 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Oh sure associate me with some freaking psycho.

@JDacapo I wish I knew something to suggest that might be helpful, though I would have no idea how to deal with something like this. I just hope that you are doing whatever you can to resolve things, and that you don't let things get out of control with this person. So good luck.

And that's a Nas reference isn't it? Ether I mean.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haywud

@JDacapo I wish I knew something to suggest that might be helpful, though I would have no idea how to deal with something like this. I just hope that you are doing whatever you can to resolve things, and that you don't let things get out of control with this person. So good luck.

And that's a Nas reference isn't it? Ether I mean.

Yup, Ether is a Nas reference. Also, when it comes to creepos like that guy who is stalking my friend, I tend to be kind of a... blood-knight. I used to be an obsessive fangirl back in the day, and boy do I wish I had someone like myself today to guide me back then. Anyway, Creepo has apparently deleted his YouTube channel. I seriously hope he disappears and stops bothering me and my friend - I literally almost SCREAMED when he admitted to looking up her ADDRESS on some Whitepages site. Seriously scary shit.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:17 PM

Not a psycho, just a creepo

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:59 PM
Scholar
#16 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 12:43 AM
If you ever need someone to stalk him back, just ask @Bigsimsfan12 to do it for you. She's an expert on it, just look at her profile.

Seriously though, hopefully the channel deletion is a good sign and he will leave you alone. I'm not sure what's scarier, the fact that some people's full information is available in places online or the fact that just about anyone can access that. I remember Bigsimsfan12 telling me my address once (I'm being serious too), and it was pretty freaky that someone could just go online and be like "okay here's where you live" without doing much.

I kinda thought you were talking about Nas, pretty interesting way of saying someone is dissing you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
Scholar
#18 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 1:48 AM
Yeah she does, and if it was anyone else I might be worried but she's a good friend. She did kind of make me afraid of telling people my name though haha. Seems like all you need is someone's first and last name, and probably even less than that for some people to be able to find info.
Scholar
#19 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 5:27 AM
I remember Bigsimsfan12 telling me my address once (I'm being serious too)

Who's the creepo now @Bigsimsfan12.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:59 AM
Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 11:15 AM
Goddamnit Max

Just so we know, I knew his full name and a general idea of where he lived and by that information it was easy! It's not that difficult. Literally everyones addresses are online (moreso Americans). My advice is to never have your full name anywhere on the internet (not even facebook)

Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:20 PM
JD, you said you were a creep when you were younger. In what ways were you a creeper? Did you stalk or harrass anyone? What led to your change? I'd love to hear about that.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
JD, you said you were a creep when you were younger. In what ways were you a creeper? Did you stalk or harrass anyone? What led to your change? I'd love to hear about that.

Let's just say I was one of those people who would latch onto anyone who was nice to her. Had horrible confidence problems, and I just didn't know how to act online or offline. I would do things like tracking down info on stuff that certain people were keeping hidden until a certain time, sending multiple emails and stuff, asking repeatedly for IM handles, and even going behind one former friend's back, asking one of her friends, for her IM handle. I didn't understand just how creepy this was. Might do a blog post or essay about my past on DeviantART. Needless to say, I got myself into loads of trouble, and I don't want to give too much info since I don't want certain people to know my dead handle.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 12:15 PM
I'm glad you got over it. I had a (former) friend that couldn't accept my boundaries and so I ended the friendship. It's rough.

Page 1 of 2