Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1375
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 518 (Who?), Viewed: 14653 times.
Search this Thread
Old 8th Oct 2018, 8:34 PM #501
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Well, upset.

My dad's hearing was push to the 23rd, my birthday.

I've had at least one crappy birthday during each stage of my life. From day care, to elementary, to junior high, to high school, to vocational rehabilitation, to my twenties, so this isn't any different.

I'm not in the mood to make an overly complex dinner, so I'm scavenging in the house for foods I can easily cook with the microwave or one simple pot.

Today I Learned (TIL): Ice cream, if left in the freezer for a long time in certain areas can get freezer burn.

On Thursday, I need to go under the knife in terms of oral surgery. The last time that happened, I was 13 years old. It's the only way I can get any further dental treatments.

I hope for my parents' sake they really pull something out their ass to give me a better birthday surprise than have my father's case explained and his license taken away for 7m-3yrs (as mandated by New Jersey law). Right now, my life sucks. I ate two gyoza because that was what was left in the bag and shrimp ramen for dinner because I was in no mood to bother my hungover dad.

If anything, the most amusing thing that came to mind was Marvel's Venom going to the dentist for x-rays. I can only see the dentist say "Barbara! Cancel my appointments for the day. I'm going to need the heavy duty film for this fella! Also, call my travel agent for Sydney!"

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Oct 2018 at 4:48 PM.
Old 9th Oct 2018, 11:18 AM #502
Brunnis-2
Lab Assistant

11 Achievements

View My Journal

Tired, nervous and more tired today. Waiting for test results and it's the age old "should take two weeks but give it four before calling us"... This coming Thursday will be week three. Meanhile, everyone seems to be posting the "one minute of discomfort, ladies" on FB regarding screening which only adds to the nerves for these results and pisses me off because it's not just one minute of discomfort for some of us. For some of us, it's extreme agony and outright traumatising, and even just calling to make the appointment results in a head down the bowl.

I just don't want it to be like last time.

.:: B2 SIMS ::. All my creations in one place. With added brainspill.
.:: B2 SIMS: SIMBLR EDITION ::.Tumblr showcase. No frills, no spills.
.:: @B2Sims ::.Tweet, tweet!
Old 9th Oct 2018, 2:34 PM #503
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Alchemist

1 Achievements

I don't know. I've cleared all the proverbial monkeys from my back, got my voice back, chillin' to Barry White and.... just taking up oxygen, I guess. When all else fails, throw some animal shenanigans into the mix.

"Orange tent you say, sorry we've not seen it."

https://twitter.com/D_Attenboroughs...819349464043520

Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 9th Oct 2018 at 4:18 PM.
Old 9th Oct 2018, 6:26 PM #504
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't know. I've cleared all the proverbial monkeys from my back, got my voice back, chillin' to Barry White and.... just taking up oxygen, I guess. When all else fails, throw some animal shenanigans into the mix.

"Orange tent you say, sorry we've not seen it."

https://twitter.com/D_Attenboroughs...819349464043520

Don't leave your things unattended in sea(l)ion)
territory, they'll just ruin them. My parents once went to San Francisco and the harbor smelled of fish breath and pinniped shit. Happens every year!

But I wasn't being mean. It was a common occurrence.

Still, take care of yourself. You're not of use if you are overworked, for others and yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
I hope for my parents' sake they really pull something out their ass to give me a better birthday surprise than have my father's case explained and his license taken away for 7m-3yrs (as mandated by New Jersey law). Right now, my life sucks.

For those wondering, it would have to be my parents inviting the older men I fawn over around and giving some great gift. Knowing Dr. Nye, he could buy a planet's name and name a Rosetta orbit planet Serenity. He has the money at least to store his bowties in a separate armoire.

Not that I'm aware of...who am I kidding? A charity case like mine would require my grandfather's intervention, he's older than Michio Kaku, the eldest of my harem, by about 20 years.

I guess it would require me to introduce my insane, Wackyland Dodo-esque family and I could say "I really am the last of the Dodos, aren't I fellas?" My cousins Nick and Rosemary would used to argue on the way to school on just how much of certain energy drinks would induce vomiting as if it was a great debate. Cousin Matt was known for eating too much and throwing up, but for a short while, he was able to blame it on a digestive daredevil of a dog. Only problem was that dog would eat candy with the wrapper on. Cousin Henry has finally broken the family record of tallest family member, but that's because he takes after his mother.

If you were to study me in some extensive testing with me as a control and my parents as variables, you would find I take after my father in more than behaviors, but also genetically.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Oct 2018 at 7:05 PM.
Old 9th Oct 2018, 9:07 PM #505
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

at first i was doing fine, i was at work at the reception like usual, in the afternoon by 14:50 i had an doctors appointment and right before that i had to go to the private quidance to talk about some things.
my quidance no longer works at the reception and so does the other quidance that isn't my private quidance,

the good news is that the new quidance is coming though.

but the quidance who works sometimes comes at my home with a few roommates of mine are also gonna say goodbye soon, because she got the job at the school (with difficult children)
however one of my roommates wasn't been that happy (none of us are) but she started crying because she got along with our quidance.

but during dinner i wasn't doing so good, i chocked while eating, and right after that i suddenly had an aft on my tongue. it feels big the aft on my tongue but the aft is small though when i looked at the mirror
and after i choked i thought it was friday already and i also thought it was somewhere in november when it's just in october

i also kinda have pain on my finger, i became tired and i didn't knew what i did today but also from last week
i slept really late tonight but the tired part just showed up right after eating dinner, i found it so weird

i took a power-nap and i still don't remember what i did last week but i do remember a bit from today and this last weekend
i think i need some rest, thank god i don't have to go to work in the morning by tomorrow, i'm going to the academy in the afternoon though

by tomorrow i have to clean up my room, like almost every wednessday (expect when i'm to my parents or when i'm having vacation and staying at my parents house)
i just hope i won't get confussed by tomorrow, since i'm confussed now right after i choked today

so by now to make it short: i'm not doing so good right now
Old 10th Oct 2018, 1:49 AM #506
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

The thermostat broke last night and the repairman fixed it in under $300 ($100 to appear and fix it and $168 for the parts)

Would have been nice if Lee was here last night. Broken thermostat is reason enough to cuddle on a chilly October night in the Northeast. Then again, wishful thinking like this is all the more reason I possess more of my father's family bloodlines. You could say the Force is strong with me. Running gag: Our family is a royal empire who sides with the rebellion like a hidden empire.

Star Wars: The Hidden Empire...

Nah, Lucas's vision is shot.

Besides, my uncle Bill joked about my Midichlorian levels. Judging family history and I resemble my father more than my mother, it's high enough to bruise someone in a Force chokehold.

Then it goes to the Harry Potter universe. My father's family is obviously Hufflepuff, which in spite of the hype against it, we don't run from fights and we do the right thing. Not to mention (as the gag goes on) My grandparents on dad's side and my father and his siblings went to Hufflepuff house. My mother was a Muggle and when someone insulted me about it and the fight broke out in the dining hall, you can bet all houses got -100 points for the mess (the jokes keep coming)

Safe to say I am a nerd. My father's family is full of nerds, we read stories with more interesting realities than our own, we play D&D, card games beyond poker (and its strip variant when with friends) and video games with interesting mechanics, we watch movies with visualizations of the stories we imagined and even form opinions on the way the visualizations were portrayed.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Oct 2018 at 2:58 AM.
Old 10th Oct 2018, 3:29 PM #507
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Alchemist

1 Achievements

Yikes! Storm surge. It's a not thing to mess with nor should it be taken lightly.

Quote:
Good morning from Panama City Beach, FL. Hurricane Michael large swells and slowly rising surge becoming more impressive by the hour.

https://twitter.com/StormVisuals/st...005660551827460

I wonder if all of those that yapped about how we were going to have a quiet hurricane season this year are walking around with egg on their face. It is only October and hurricane season doesn't end until the end of November. Denial... it is not a river in Egypt.
Old 10th Oct 2018, 8:10 PM #508
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Yikes! Storm surge. It's a not thing to mess with nor should it be taken lightly.

https://twitter.com/StormVisuals/st...005660551827460

I wonder if all of those that yapped about how we were going to have a quiet hurricane season this year are walking around with egg on their face. It is only October and hurricane season doesn't end until the end of November. Denial... it is not a river in Egypt.

Well, Hurricane Season in the Northeast, well, we get dumped on with warm muggy rain left over from the brunt expended southward. It's still muggy in NJ. In October. I don't remember October being this warm and humid.

Toys R Us is coming back under the name of Geoffrey's Toy Box...I can get behind that. It's different, but Change is part of the five inevitabilities: along with Death, Taxes, Evil and Justice

...at least it's not Al's Toy Barn, everything for a buck-buck-buck and that's cheap-cheap-cheap!

Available at all Al's Toy Barn outlets in the tri-county area...

(Had to get that out of the way...my mother and I used to call Toys R Us "The Toy Barn" due to its size and its internal layout.)

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Oct 2018 at 8:40 PM.
Old 11th Oct 2018, 2:07 PM #509
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Alchemist

1 Achievements

Worried...

I spent part of this morning catching up with my favorite storm chasers. They're freaked out over what happened overnight with Hurricane Michael. When people that have been doing these things for 20-plus years and they talk about how this was the worst hurricane they've ever seen / been in, that sez something.

My hope is that anybody from MTS that had to deal with Michael are okay. From what I've been hearing, places like Mexico City no longer exist. Houses, businesses, ect...are now nothing more than concrete slabs.
Old 12th Oct 2018, 3:07 PM #510
HarVee
Theorist

5 Achievements

On Monday I found a friend of mine died from drug overdose. I was too depressed on that day and on Tuesday to go out and do anything. I tried to kill myself on Wednesday by alchohol poisoning, It's a miracle I've survived. On Thursday I was too sick to do anything but sleep and drink water. I'm almost certain I pissed off my friends and college professors. Having missed 4 days in a row. Today my stomach still feels very queasy and hurts as does still my back around the kidneys.

Btw this site is stupidly tedious to use on a cellphone.

Take me to the Pyramids, come down in your spaceship
Take me to the Pyramids, Anubis
So much mystery in the stone
Old 12th Oct 2018, 4:19 PM #511
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

HarVee sugar. I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 13th Oct 2018, 4:48 PM #512
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Got a low-grade viral infection. My body aches, I feel like tired. Essentially flattened. I get these infection if I push too hard and my stress level allows for me to be at my weakest.

Old 14th Oct 2018, 5:11 PM #513
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Alchemist

1 Achievements

I'm full of piss and vinegar... https://twitter.com/D_Attenboroughs...291677825511426 and I'm stuck in the house. The grocery store is going to be loads of fun later.

EDIT: A few hours later.

Apparently being full of piss and vinegar isn't limited to humans. As I was washing dishes, from behind me I heard the talking house chicken exclaim " Imma a bird! HAHAHAHA!"

My response: "Yes! You are a bird. You're not a monkey!"

House chicken: "HAHAHAHA!"

There's never a dull moment....
Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 14th Oct 2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 14th Oct 2018, 5:12 PM #514
LösserFöffel
Test Subject

I'm feeling weird and sad. There's a boy I have a crush on and I can't get a chance to be alone with me. Additionally I'm trying hard to ask him to meet me and there's always a reason why he can't. It's very complicated because he's one of my best friends and I know him for years. I'm also gay, but nobody knows that. It's just very frustrating, because it feels like that everyone has a significant other except me and I know I shouldn't worry about thinks like that too much, since I'm only 17, but I do. I just want to crawl under my blanket and listen to music for the rest of my life.
Old 14th Oct 2018, 7:11 PM #515
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Had one of those fever dreams last night.
Still have that low-grade viral infection.
So does Mom and Dad.

So, to work with my father and mother on the fact that my father is likely to lose his license and spend his punishment working around the house on my actual birthday and because it falls on a weekday, we're celebrating on the 20th (a Saturday).

Old 14th Oct 2018, 8:10 PM #516
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

i'm doing good, just a bit irritated, and nope i'm not on my period
however i dyed my hair for the first time (you can watch it out though)
and i'm proud of it

most people says it looks beautiful on me with pink/purple hair
but there were 2 people who said it looks ugly on me with pink hair

but atleast i'm proud of it (my sister dyed my hair)

people might look crazy on me with pink hair at first but i hope they will like it at work
Old 14th Oct 2018, 10:35 PM #517
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorleontine6
i'm doing good, just a bit irritated, and nope i'm not on my period
however i dyed my hair for the first time (you can watch it out though)
and i'm proud of it

most people says it looks beautiful on me with pink/purple hair
but there were 2 people who said it looks ugly on me with pink hair

but atleast i'm proud of it (my sister dyed my hair)

people might look crazy on me with pink hair at first but i hope they will like it at work

You know, the receptionists at my doctors' office ask me about what brand of dye I use. I tell them it's a deep pigmented conditioner called oVertone (It's the truth. It is free of sulfates. It works with all hair textures from poker straight to tightest of curls. It's vegan based and cruelty free, which I endorse this product on these two virtues to start.)

I am not the type to stay caged for long.

Old Today, 1:32 AM #518
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Alchemist

1 Achievements

Stuffing my face with spiralized carrots even though the store may as well have committed highway robbery for the amount they charged for them. Seriously, $3.99 for a bag is a bit much. I paid it this time because I don't have a spiralizer in the house. That will no longer be the case as of Wednesday.

I got sucked into watching YT videos about people on the Keto diet. They're only supposed to eat 1/2 to 3/4 of a gram of protein per pound of body weight. The people I was watching were eating way more than that which didn't include all the butter, mountains of cheese, heavy cream, ect... I had to laugh at the repeated "You're supposed to eat healthy fats" which is fine, but like with anything, it is supposed to be in moderation. It reminded me of the people that I often see at the grocery store announcing that marshmallow doesn't have any fat, so they can eat as much as they want. They always seem to forget that what they are about to binge on is pure sugar, so a person eats enough of it, it is going to cause weight gain either in the form of bloat or body fat depending on the person. I digress.

It would be nice if my body cooperated once in awhile. Just when I thought I was safe with the whole laundry problem, another has taken its place. In this case, that problem would be breaking out. I'm either having a issue with the soap I'm using, something I'm eating or a bit of both. With my luck, it will be both.
Old Today, 4:05 PM #519
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Been off to a rough start.

Residual "irritated and bitchy" behavior remained after my period ended Sunday. About as aggressive as those green crabs invading coastal Canada. Funny, once my period comes I'm more pleasant.
LSS: I am puzzled by this common woman's issue.

I currently am writing a horror comedy about a young psychic who rarely smiles. If you can make her smile and laugh hard enough to warrant a sincere LOL, she'll grant those in her doll room freedom from the curse she put the cursed humans under. I call it 64 inches in reference to my height. It was based in some ways on the story arc in the first Pokémon anime to earn the Marsh Badge and Sabrina's appearance.

Downloaded an app to hold a list of my meds because I have a doctor's appointment in a few days.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 6:05 PM.

Section jump: