Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Young adults can enjoy maternity (and all that)

by Lamare Posted 20th Sep 2017 at 12:17 AM - Updated 19th Jul 2023 at 9:56 AM by Lamare : info on compatibility

145 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#76 Old 25th May 2018 at 11:06 PM
Awesome, thanks!
Scholar
#77 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 8:34 AM
The Move out function is still a bit unreliable. I tried to have two graduated students call the taxi to move back to my main hood, but the taxi never showed. I had to move them to a new house and then try again, the student that graduated first had no luck (talked on the phone but taxi never showed), but when the second student called the taxi showed up and I got the popup to select who should move out. Also, when the second student graduated, I got a popup for the first student to move back to the main hood, but was not able to select the newly graduated student to move out with her, only their toddler.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
just a girl
Original Poster
#78 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:48 PM
Default Update for "Move out of college"
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
The Move out function is still a bit unreliable. I tried to have two graduated students call the taxi to move back to my main hood, but the taxi never showed. I had to move them to a new house and then try again, the student that graduated first had no luck (talked on the phone but taxi never showed), but when the second student called the taxi showed up and I got the popup to select who should move out. Also, when the second student graduated, I got a popup for the first student to move back to the main hood, but was not able to select the newly graduated student to move out with her, only their toddler.

@SciBirg hi and thank you for letting me know about these things. I'm happy to tell you I've fixed both of them and updated the file. Get new version from ya-move-out-of-college.zip and don't forget to remove the old version from your downloads.

The first part, about taxi not arriving, was actually a rare maxis bug. I could reproduce it without mods, so I'm pretty sure it was it.
Some details:
When a sim calls to move back to main 'hood or to drop out, the game creates a controller and sets the caller as it's owner. This controller is supposed to create a taxi, push sims to move out and all that. But, when the controller starts to operate, instead of working for the owner, it cycles through all the people on lot. Should it find another sim first, it can change its owner to that new sim and completely forget about the original owner. So, the caller sim doesn't get the job done for him. It rarely happens because a few things have to coincide - another graduate doesn't have a controller assigned to him yet, caller's object ID is lower then another graduate's, etc. Anyway, I fixed it now.

The second part, about not being able to take another graduate with you, was my fault. I specifically disallowed moving out of college with young adults to prevent players from taking current students to main 'hood by mistake. Why didn't I think of making an exception for *graduated* young adults? I don't know. But from now on, it is allowed to select them for moving. All young graduates will age up to adults before getting in a taxi.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#79 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:07 AM
This just made Univerity more interesting trying to balance family time and studying.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:21 AM
This is awesome, I've wanted a way for my YA to have families as parents go to collage to. Thanks for this!
Mad Poster
#81 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:15 PM Last edited by kestrellyn : 1st Jul 2018 at 2:53 AM.
Hi, I had a YA age up to adult on campus and stay there to wait for her husband to graduate, but she is not able to get a job using the computer. Is this working as intended? I tried selling the computer and rebuying it, but nothing changed.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to mod it so she could get a job.
just a girl
Original Poster
#82 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:58 AM
@kestrellyn
Jobs are in a different thread: http://modthesims.info/download.php...054#jobs-in-uni
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#83 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:08 PM
Ahh, thanks, I didn't see that one.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:38 PM
It is possible that you can make a mod for teenager be similar to Young Adult that they had to pick GCSE of what they are doing and had to do homework and learn a certain skill to learn more about their GCSE which give them better grade than at final stage they go to prom and can pick whether to go to College or go to Six-from?
Test Subject
#85 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 4:47 AM
This does not work with ACR girl I even loaded this after ACR and loaded it after all my mods and I get an error
just a girl
Original Poster
#86 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMple
It is possible that you can make a mod for teenager be similar to Young Adult that they had to pick GCSE of what they are doing and had to do homework and learn a certain skill to learn more about their GCSE which give them better grade than at final stage they go to prom and can pick whether to go to College or go to Six-from?

Sorry, can't promise that.

Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
This does not work with ACR girl I even loaded this after ACR and loaded it after all my mods and I get an error

Other people with ACR seem to have no problems, so I'd suggest you to run HCDU to see if there are any possible conflicts. There might be other mods in play. If scan doesn't show anything, post an error log here (either upload a file, or copy-paste its contents under a spoiler tag), and I'll take a look. Can't say if I'll be able to figure out the problem, but I'll give it a try.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 3:12 AM
I have something to report about this mod's interaction with ACR. You said that autonomous woohoo with ACR should not allow autonomous try for baby with young adults, because it's a separate interaction, and in general it doesn't - if I direct young adult female sims to woohoo in bed or in the hot tub on college lots using ACR, I do not get the ACR dialogs about whether they chose to try for baby or not, and they don't get pregnant. But when I took a male adult sim and his young adult wife to a community lot downtown and had them woohoo in the photo booth with ACR, they did roll that dialog, and they did get pregnant. I'm sure this is entirely TwoJeffs' fault and nothing to do with you, but I thought it might be worth noting when mentioning the mod's compatibility with ACR. I don't know if it happened because the lot wasn't in the university, or because they woohooed in the photo booth, or what.
just a girl
Original Poster
#88 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 10:22 AM
Thanks, @kestrellyn
I based what I said on the feedback from someone who uses ACR and played a few sim-weeks before realizing young adults don't try for baby autonomously. I guess photo booth provides a loophole. Or was it because the other sim was an adult? Anyway, I'll add that to my post.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 2:10 PM
Now that I think about it, I can't remember if they woohooed at home while he was an adult. Unfortunately she will graduate before she gives birth, so I won't be able to experiment further.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:10 AM Last edited by gaysopuli : 9th Sep 2018 at 8:00 PM.
Hi! I'd like to ask if this mod works with larger households, or is there a way to make it work that way? I currently have 8 sims at university dorm lot, and there's no option to try for baby. I'm using a larger household mod by BO (not sure what the name was). Just wanted to ask before moving some of my sims out, thank you in advance.

//edit
I'm sorry I bothered you, I just noticed I hadn't deleted TwoJeffs preg for all genders hack, so everything's working now. Thank you for this mod, it made playing University much more interesting!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#91 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 7:09 PM
Does this mod work together with syberpunks Risky Woohoo hack?
Mad Poster
#92 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 3:32 AM
Sorry, I have another greek house weirdness to report. I had a sim who was born in a greek house, his father moved out with him and went back to the neighborhood, and now he's grown up and is a young adult in college. When he got to campus, he was automatically counted as a member of the greek house, and was able to move in without applying for membership (despite not knowing all of the current members of the greek house).
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 7:47 PM
Edit: I just tested Risky Woohoo and it is does not work in conjunction with this mod. Is it possible to mod it in a way, so that the Woohoo interaction for Young Adults is replaced with a risky one?
However, I discovered that the Try For A Baby interaction was actually available under the ACR Pie Menu. I know it was only available when Inteen was installed. So, is ACR maybe modded in a way, so that any Young Adult maternity hack works with it? Is it really confirmed that this mod does not work in conjuntion with ACR?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#94 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 5:08 PM
Great set of Mods! Many thanks.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 12:35 AM
I just had a young adult woohooing another young adult get pregnant from risky woohoo via ACR, so I have to conclude that ACR does work in conjunction with this mod, it's just unlikely for young adults to autonomously try for baby, which does make sense.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#96 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:56 PM
i can give it a try
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 12:51 PM
Great mod.
Thanks!
Test Subject
#98 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 11:48 PM
Helllo Lamare!

Thank you for such a lovely mod.
Firstly, I would like to say that I am a very long-standing sim player and downloaded cc and mods to my game which made my game so much more fun.
- I currently have 2 sibling family that are in uni - one of the siblings had a baby (she had her in uni) and is now a child, she also has a boy (toddler) the father is an adult living with them. Her brother also has twins with his girlfriend (she's a young adult) and she also lives with them, the twins are toddlers too.

I wanted to download the YA-Move-out-of-college mod but unfortunately, I won't be able to since I have inteen. I was wondering if you know of a mod that allows my young adult/adult sims (even teen if possible but not a must) to have the option of moving out with their children to the main neighbourhood or any neighbourhood - Of course that doesn't inflict with inteen.
This family in particular I wanted to move the father (adult) with his child and toddler as well as the other toddler with him but I don't get that option with inteen.

I apologise if I shouldn't have mentioned it here but I noticed the one the mods you listed was the mod I was looking for and they have many options for young adults/adults in terms of moving to the main neighbourhood and sub-neighbourhood but because of my inteen I can't download it.

Please do let me know and I apologise for the inconvenience!
Scholar
#99 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 12:48 AM
Hi Lamare, thanks for these terrific Mods! I was wondering if I can choose what mods I want from these or must I have all of them? I like the idea of some students staying in University until their friends leave. I would really like this mod alone, can I have it in my game without the others?
just a girl
Original Poster
#100 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rubygem01
I was wondering if you know of a mod that allows my young adult/adult sims (even teen if possible but not a must) to have the option of moving out with their children to the main neighbourhood or any neighbourhood - Of course that doesn't inflict with inteen.

Hi, rubygem01. Sorry I didn't answer earlier, it's just I don't know of such a mod. Your best choice might be to move sims to main 'hood families by asking them with other sims or using Teleporter or SimBlender.

Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Hi Lamare, thanks for these terrific Mods! I was wondering if I can choose what mods I want from these or must I have all of them? I like the idea of some students staying in University until their friends leave. I would really like this mod alone, can I have it in my game without the others?

Hey, Fyren5. Yes, you can choose. The whole purpose of making separate files was for people to pick and choose
Page 4 of 6