Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2023 at 4:39 PM
Orangutan mods: Move Out interaction, Sleep and Sit on ground
So I made 2 small but useful mods for the orangutans in Castaway Stories. An option to move out by themselves and two hidden interactions unlocked, click on the orangutan while it's selected to find them.

Move Out:
Am I the only one who wanted to get rid of Waiata as soon as the story finished? No? Good. This mod adds a "Move Out" self-interaction. Without mods, the only way to get rid of them is moving a Sim into your family and them moving the Sim out along with the orangutan. With this, they can go alone. Look at her, so brave and independent.

It has the same restrictions as the "Move Out" that's available for Sims, which means it doesn't appear until you finish the story (I didn't change this because I'm scared to break story mode).

Sleep and Sit on ground:
Two more self-interactions, these were just hidden for some reason, but orangutans can autonomously use them when they are tired. With this, you can also use them manually when energy (for sleeping) or comfort (for sitting) are below 60%.

Installation:
Go to the bottom of the post to download the zip and extract the files. There are 2 files, the one called "MoveOut" only has that interaction, the one called "MoveOutSitSleep" has all 3 (I can't make separate files because the mods would conflict with eachother).
Choose one of the the files and copy it here:
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\Downloads
(Or a subfolder inside it)
If you don't have the Downloads folder, create it. Don't forget the 'D' in upper case.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  OrangutanMods.zip (8.7 KB, 39 downloads)