Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 12:41 AM
Default Going into surgery during May
Lately, I am scheduled for a implant surgery next Thursday. They will call the night before for detailed instructions including when to come in. Just hope I'm not the first surgery of the morning, which would mean getting up at what I call "buttcrack o'clock" when everyone else is supposed to be asleep.

The computers and my phone will be off limits for 24 hours due to incidents of poor judgement while coming around from the anasthetic...but likely I probably be hooked up to oxygen due to my health and it will require I stay the night for that reason.

As a result, I will go dark during the first week of May, only because they don't want me to make judgement calls under the influence of the anasthetic.

If the Stage 1 implant (the one I am getting next Thursday) does what it should, the Permanent one goes in about 2-3 weeks later. Again, same protocol since I usually am required general anasthetic.

The doctors have put me through a battery of oral\written quizzes, plus a blood test.

Still nervous. I weigh enough to throw Mother's Day Women's Sumo Yokozuna Mako Nishimura out of the ring and the doctors looked at me like they were about to say "How are you still alive?"

All I can say is "Wish me luck"...

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 1:09 AM
Good luck Panda and if you ever need anyone I'm here :-))))))))))))))))
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 9:13 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th Apr 2019 at 5:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by purplestuddedcoffin
Good luck Panda and if you ever need anyone I'm here :-))))))))))))))))

@purplestuddedcoffin
Thank you.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 5:24 PM
God bless. I pray everything goes well.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
God bless. I pray everything goes well.

Thank you, @smorbie1

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 7:46 AM
Definitely. I wish plenty of the right sort of luck to you, Pan.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Definitely. I wish plenty of the right sort of luck to you, Pan.

@r_deNoube
Thanks!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 5:08 PM
Note: The original surgery date was a typo. Instead of the 2nd of May, I go in on the 8th of May. It was oddly suspicious to be a quick turn around

Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 5:28 PM
Great! You can dread it a few more days.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Note: The original surgery date was a typo. Instead of the 2nd of May, I go in on the 8th of May. It was oddly suspicious to be a quick turn around

Great! You can dread it a few more days.

This reminds me of the year I spent my entire birthday in the hospital waiting to have surgery and ended up being told to go home and come back another day (can't remember if it was the next day or what). And that was after being told that day was the only day it could be scheduled for. While I understand that things happen - I think it was another surgery being a lot longer than expected, which threw the whole schedule off - it really, really sucked being in that state of anticipation (read panic, lol) all day only to end up having to go through it again.

The funny thing is that wasn't my worst birthday by a long shot!

Saying good luck before someone's surgery always seems weird to me but - Good Luck, Pandaqueen!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 7:39 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 29th Apr 2019 at 11:28 PM.
Well, today pretty much went down the tubes. I accidentally triggered a rather massive nose bleed, complete with a coagulated bit of blood. I just call it a blood wraith. Swallowed a bit of blood. I'm more use to post-nasal drip. I drank some bottled water I reserved for these occasions.

Eventually a 5-minute pinch of the nose helped and it stopped. It was a nightmare.

I AM a little worried this event will affect me in terms of overall health. I think I bled more today than my recent period this weekend. (I was diagnosed with PMDD as a teenager and even if I wore a heavy flow pad, it would still look like a murder was committed without my knowledge. Once I was put on extremely strong Pincus Pills, as I don't use them for birth control, I don't have the massive accidents.)

To be blunt: I will inform my mother about the incident because my nosebleed got on the soft billowy pillow after going through the pink pillowcase. I would have washed the pillow in the industrial sink, but my father crammed a bunch of glass yogurt jars from the oui brand of yogurt in that sink.

I feel okay, but I may need a wet wipe to clean up where it dried.

I am glad to hear from you about the well-wishing. My grandfather is the first beyond my parents to hear that I'm going in for surgery.

The aftermath was much gruesome looking than the ordeal really was. In my fervor to block the flow of the blood, it got on my hands, my face, my glasses, my "If it's too loud, you're too old" t-shirt from Snorg Tees, the marble countertop, the hardwood floor. When my father came back, upon inspection, he said "Did you murder someone?" I said "The blood wraith." I could have said "Someone back West who was on my enemies list which dramatically outweighed my friends list found me. I eventually killed them by sitting on them and to finish them, I throttled them. I left them near the feral cat colony to eat them." But that lie would have gone too far.

In my pondering...I asked my mother if I had the propensity for viciousness and she said "I believe everyone have the propensity for it. It's a matter of an X factor in play to drive someone to become vicious." (My mother, although is skilled in arts and crafts, understands basic forensic psychology and basic space\time physics. You can thank the documentaries on murder mysteries, celebrity autopsies, paranormal, supernatural and cryptids)

Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 5:19 PM
It's always a good idea to make your doctors aware of something like that. My sense is that it's probably fine, but this close to surgery, you really don't need to chance it.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd May 2019 at 6:56 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 3rd May 2019 at 8:19 PM.
It's always a good idea to make your doctors aware of something like that. My sense is that it's probably fine, but this close to surgery, you really don't need to chance it.

I left a message for the clinical staff. Because I left it before 4:00PM, it has a likelihood of a reply same day.

Follow up: Left another message. No response from either one.

Following up again: As soon as I just posted, the doctor's office called back and said "It's nothing to worry about. However, call back if it happens again."

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th May 2019 at 6:25 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th May 2019 at 6:53 PM.
Well, the final countdown is on.

Due to my likelihood to suffer from reflux, I will stop eating and drinking at X number of hours prior to my operation.

I have to wash the night before and the morning of the operation with a special sanitizing wash and have clean clothes.

I will be informed the night before of the specifics of the 5 Ws regarding the day of.

Well, I will take my father's offer on eating the pizza pie I left and have it with ginger ale today.

Edit: I got some serious "What-the-Fuckery?" going on. I got two letters at the same time. One approving my surgery and one denying my surgery... further instructions required.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th May 2019 at 9:18 PM
Yeah. I'm probably sending you into phone-tree hell, but you could call them and try to ask. Or, you could call your doctor's office and ask to speak to the insurance worker. That would probably be quicker and you could find out what's going on. Good luck.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th May 2019 at 1:51 AM
Whenever I'm anxious about things like this I try and pretend I'm a sim lol. Like, I just have to hold out for five hours and my bad moodlet from this will go away. Good luck!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th May 2019 at 5:18 PM
Eventually, the tree-phone hell has been sorted out.

We are to report to the hospital at 6:00AM.

Just as I feared...
"Buttcrack o'clock"
OR
"50 Shades of What the Fuck Am I Doing Up At This Hour?"

I have to wake up at 3:00AM, shower with the special rinse, put on clean clothes, grab what we need to bring according to the hospital, get on the road, get to the hospital, sign in, prepare for surgery, they gas me, they install the implant, I eventually wake up with an oxygen mask over my nose and mouth and then either Dr. K or Dr. S will send a nurse with them and ask how I feel.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th May 2019 at 6:03 PM
I know you have some anxiety and that will increase as we get closer to the date. It is normal. If you need to freak out a bit, we're here.

Praying for you and sending {{{{hugs}}}}}

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th May 2019 at 2:56 AM
I know you have some anxiety and that will increase as we get closer to the date. It is normal. If you need to freak out a bit, we're here.

Praying for you and sending {{{{hugs}}}}}

Thank you very much, smorbie1.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th May 2019 at 1:22 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th May 2019 at 1:38 AM.
Today was a success. As a cyborg, I got the Stage 1 implant, I adjusted the strength as needed and received my cyborg nickname Lu-Net

Lu = Lucinda, one of the nurses in my family and the one most privy to the health issues I have. Also I became a cyborg on National Nurses Week, so it's only fair.
Net = reference to cybernetic parts installed in humans that make them cyborgs. But keep in mind that they are human as well.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th May 2019 at 2:18 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th May 2019 at 3:26 PM.
Day 1.) My body was in such pain and I had trouble sleeping due to both the implant and the fine shedded hair my cat Gemini sheds in summer.

Sidenote #1: The heavier you are, the harder the anesthesia has to work out of the body and I feel like I got run over by a steamroller.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th May 2019 at 5:38 PM
So sorry, sweetie. But the first step is over. It's done, and now you just have to see how it goes for a couple of weeks.

I didn't pick myself a cyborg name. I need to get right on that since I've been one for a couple of years. Hmmmm, I'll have to give it a good think.

Feel better, doll.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st May 2019 at 6:36 AM
Well, final install is approved. Awaiting instructions to report to same day.

Mad Poster
#24 Old 22nd May 2019 at 4:55 PM
It's OVER! I saw that on another thread. One big step on your path has been made. I am praying it works so well for you that you forget it's even there.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd May 2019 at 10:00 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 22nd May 2019 at 10:21 PM.
Just one more step and Leg 1 is over: activation.

My implant dealer said it was going to be today it would be activated. My guess is she will address this after the 9-5 shift.

Delay: due to battery issue (didn't charge yet) activation will wait until tomorrow.