Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2019 at 2:18 PM Last edited by Morganess : 10th Jun 2019 at 1:49 PM.
Default Is there a mod to study talents/gain badges? [FOUND]
I was wondering if there exists a mod to gain talent badges via studying, as in, studying the theory of sewing to gain a badge in the sewing skill or make it easier to learn in practice. I only found the book of talent, which if I understood correctly, only gives the sim a skill instantly and doesn't make them have to spend time studying. Obviously, it wouldn't be the most realistic to have a sim max a practical skill just by reading about it, but hey, they can study cooking as well and then magically prepare a five-star lobster meal on the first try...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th May 2019 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morganess
I was wondering if there exists a mod to gain talent badges via studying, as in, studying the theory of sewing to gain a badge in the sewing skill or make it easier to learn in practice. I only found the book of talent, which if I understood correctly, only gives the sim a skill instantly and doesn't make them have to spend time studying. Obviously, it wouldn't be the most realistic to have a sim max a practical skill just by reading about it, but hey, they can study cooking as well and then magically prepare a five-star lobster meal on the first try...

Not so much a mod, but if you use the cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled true in the neighborhood window and then go into your selected household, you can shift + click at the same time on a sim and choose spawn > badge juicer. A little toy boat will appear next to your sim and you can click on it to gain and set badges.

There are also mods to make badge building quicker.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th May 2019 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morganess

If you want to study sewing (or whatever badge) without performing the actual act of sewing, you can use Monique's computer as an option. There are options to study every badge there is and I use that to make it seem like "online classes". To make it seem more modern I use these:
Laptops: https://sigmundsims.tumblr.com/post...acked-computers
Tablet: https://sigmundsims.tumblr.com/post...hacked-computer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:16 PM
Thank you so much, that was fast! :lovestruc The hacked computer seems to be more what I was looking for. Silly me didn't even think of a computer, I was more so looking for a bookshelf or a hack of some kind.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2019 at 5:25 PM
If you want to teach badges and skills then try the Vocational Training controller from www.simwardrobe.com.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2019 at 6:50 PM
The SimWardrobe site has been gone for quite awhile now. If you want Paladin's stuff, you need to use the link in Bulbizarre's signature/profile. The Vocational Training Controller can now be found here:

https://simfileshare.net/folder/15683/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2019 at 1:13 PM
Thank you again, that might come in handy as well.