Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 12th May 2019 at 4:17 PM
Custom Music Folder - 300mb
Downloads Folder - 3gb (I try to convert as many simspack's to packages if I can)
Mods Folder - 7GB - (around 4.5 GB of that is merged)
Saves Folder 34.5GB (95% of which is my current RLC)

Total size of 'The Sims 3' Folder - 50GB

No screenshots or videos. I clear them out after every play session.

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#28 Old 12th May 2019 at 4:41 PM
I honestly thought I was over the top with all my cc at 3.8GB, but some of you went over the top, down the other side and are heading up another mountain! One thing I started doing is to create folders inside the overrides and packages folders for specific things like clothes, accessories, etc. Not sure if that helps or hurts? But, this seems to work out especially well for new downloads. I'll make a folder for just the new stuff and put the folder in the packages folder with the date as the folder name. If your game suddenly starts crashing, you know where to start looking first. I use Delphy's multi pack extractor tool, http://modthesims.info/d/364038/del...-sept-2009.html, tp conver sims3packs to packages and S3PE to compress new downloads... some downloads shrink by half or more.
Scholar
#30 Old 13th May 2019 at 1:12 PM
@nitromon What would you suggest to balance initial load times and in game lag? I've noticed that CAS is interminable in my game lately and my files are mostly combined.
Scholar
#31 Old 13th May 2019 at 3:12 PM
I finally remembered to check. Its 12.5Gigs. This doesn't include poses and things I only add in when I feel like doing pictures.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 14th May 2019 at 8:58 AM
Every single person in this thread: lol im a cc-aholic, i have like 5 whole gbs of cc!

ME, the hoarder queen of garbage mountain looking upon her squalid kingdom: You are like tiny little baby; watch this.

now this just cc, after save files, sim files, Simspacks in my downloads folder, screenshots and other funsies, we're pushing nearly 70 gbs.

...It is a small miracle that my pc doesn't burst into flames every time i look at it.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 14th May 2019 at 1:13 PM
Just dropping in to point out that I said I have 5 terabytes of Sim-related content, not 5 gigabytes.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 14th May 2019 at 3:21 PM
5 terabytes in game? You load your game with 5 terabytes of custom content in it? And you use every piece of it? i'd be very impressed
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th May 2019 at 11:19 PM Last edited by Livdeer : 14th May 2019 at 11:20 PM. Reason: gramar iz hard
43.6 MB.
If I could I would have way more mods but unfortunately my computer is not built for playing large games like Sims 3 so I have to try my best to avoid overloading it even more.

"I hate when I'm an idiot and don't know it. I like being aware of my idiocy."
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th May 2019 at 9:39 PM Last edited by isastorm : 24th May 2019 at 9:57 PM.
Let's see Sims 3 mods are 2.87GB but Downloads is 4.07GB. For Sims 4, mods are 4.40 GB. I'm not doing too bad, but the lag is horrible when I try to play IP due to all the routing issues...too bad I love the scuba diving areas...

But lately what I've been noticing is that some of my CC keeps disappearing when the game loads and it's mostly the stuff for CAS and I have no idea why...It's starting to bug me and I just had to be my male hairs, too...
Field Researcher
#38 Old 25th May 2019 at 2:42 PM
10 GB for Mods, 2.35GB downloads on Sims 3. For Sims 4 it's 7GB. I've been heavily debating doing a CC purge, and I think now I just might. Only reluctance is tracking down some of my earlier merged files before I kept backups -_-. Wish me luck!
Page 2 of 2