Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:43 PM
Default Elder hair conversion
I'm having one Hell of a time trying to convert Adult hair to Elder hair.

Backstory: I downloaded a hair off XM Sims for males and wanted to retexture it. The rextexture bit is going fine. But realized the Elder hair doesn't look remotely the same, like the artists didn't bother to create the Elder stage. I thought if I just renamed the textures / alphas, it would work but Bodyshop poops itself.

So the point is, do I need to go into SimPE and convert mesh information or something for Elders? Or is the way I'm doing it correct and I'm just fudging it up somewhere?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 7:10 PM
If Elders have exact same size/shape of head as Adults, then I would think you could just go into SimPE and change the age category to make it available for Elders as well. But don't quote me on that. Maybe someone who has age-converted hair like this could chime in...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 10:16 PM
That would certainly make my life easier, haha. I hope someone drops by and lets us know if that's the case.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 1:54 PM
So..I was around, and decided to drop by.
I`d say as Fakepeeps said. I do not think the elder head is made bigger or smaller than the adult one, and I would just edit the age category. try it..and see what it gives. It is too easy to just go back to it and change it back to adult only, if it is not to your likings.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 6:42 AM Last edited by siletka : 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:16 PM.
I was able to modify the value and get the hair working for elders! For some reason when I imported the hair, it unbinned it all. But at least the ages are correct now.

Edit: Gave up on trying to bin grey hair. It'll just have to sit in Custom hair for elders. At least that's an option. And hey, I got it to show up for Elders in general, even if it is the Custom section.

Edit again: Was able to properly bin the elder hair! To summarize, I was able to correctly bin hair after import, convert hair to Elder and bin it for Elder, too.