Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#1426 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 4:14 AM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 1st Apr 2019 at 4:41 AM.
Too lazy to stitch quotes together but, thank you both! I wanted my sims great-grandparents they are just too far back to recover with a save, sadly. But I did end up getting a living version of his father from a recovered save and a ghost version of his mother from the hidden households cheat. I'll just bring her back to life, put them together and save them. It's unfortunate about my previous sims but oh well.

Going to recreate my old sims. This is the only time i'm thankful that S4 genetics are so simple.

FOR THE HORDE
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1427 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 2:44 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 2nd Apr 2019 at 8:44 PM.
Default Alien/Vampire hybrid?
My vampire sim was taken by aliens and... you know what they do.
So now he has twins. When they aged up to toddler, the little girl had vampire eyes in her alien form. I figured that was just random picking of eyes or something. Never seen an alien with those vampire Cat like vertical slit eye pupils.
Anyway, I went to alter one's alien disguise, but she had vampire skin options. I think I have twin alien/vampires.
Anyone else ever had this? Kinda kewl if it's not a glitch.

Edit: Nevermind. My hopes of a Alien vampire crashed and burned when the twins aged up to "Child". Now they're both 100% alien
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#1428 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 9:08 PM
My sim was asked out for a date and when she went her boyfriend stayed for 5 minutes then left. This has happened like 3 times with my sims.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1429 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
My sim was asked out for a date and when she went her boyfriend stayed for 5 minutes then left. This has happened like 3 times with my sims.

That's not a question, stupid or otherwise.
I would suggest when your Sims first arrive though to make sure you click on the other Sim and make them into a group. That should hopefully prevent your other Sim from leaving.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#1430 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 10:53 PM
Default Multi-Stupid today!
Stupid #1: Is there a Sims 4 website selling Sims 4 downloadable content like The Sims 3 ?
Stupid #2: Can someone provide the URL of a tutorial to me on how to make a new aspiration? I've seen one that I liked, but it stopped working with the 64 bit update.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1431 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Stupid #1: Is there a Sims 4 website selling Sims 4 downloadable content like The Sims 3 ?
Stupid #2: Can someone provide the URL of a tutorial to me on how to make a new aspiration? I've seen one that I liked, but it stopped working with the 64 bit update.

I can only answer #1 for now. The answer is "no". The Sims 4 has nothing like the Sims Store for TS3.

Top Secret Researcher
#1432 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I can only answer #1 for now. The answer is "no". The Sims 4 has nothing like the Sims Store for TS3.

I'm curious as to why they don't have a store for Sims 4? Probably something practical like the Sims 3 store didn't make a profit or something, tho' I've thrown a lot of money at them.

Stupid Question of the Day
Is EA gonna do a witch game pack? They did vampires, what about something Harry Potterish like that nice French lady released yesterday?
Or if no witches, then some other way to get lots of aspiration points - seems the only option is to be a vampire, and they get so many powers that it kinda breaks the game.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#1433 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 5:13 PM
There's a bit of a sale going on (40% off on EPs) and I was wondering what City Living was like, since Get Famous isn't really that interesting to me.
If I don't care much for the festivals or living in apartments, is there other stuff that could be worthwhile to have?
Scholar
#1434 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
There's a bit of a sale going on (40% off on EPs) and I was wondering what City Living was like, since Get Famous isn't really that interesting to me.
If I don't care much for the festivals or living in apartments, is there other stuff that could be worthwhile to have?

I love the CTL world, especially the fact that it's always so busy and never too boring.. a lot of sims walkbys and such.
I love the Build/Buy objects of it and use them quite a lot
https://simscommunity.info/2016/11/...items-overview/
I also love the singing skill (once the sims can sing, as when they are practicing it sounds awful and repetitive )

The CAS items are mostly awful and I wish I could remove all of them from my game
https://simscommunity.info/2016/11/...a-sim-overview/

the weirdos are awful, female sims running on the streets at night wearing only a towel isn't my thing
same goes with sims that wear a weird mask and swimsuit in the streets corners..

the apartments are awful. it's challenging to build within the limits of what was given
the neighbors are awful, rude and annoying (there's a mod to fix it).
the lot traits that you can't change are stupid and very limiting (there's a mod for that as well)
the festivals that make it impossible to go speed 3 when you live on the same lot sucks (another mod for that)
and overall I needed a lot of mods to actually play there is peace.. but I eventually could.

I don't know if I would buy it today, maybe I would, for the build/buy items and food stalls, and maybe the singing skill
but if you do, you gonna need some mods for the sake of your mind, that's for certain.
Scholar
#1435 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 12:35 PM
Hmm, looking at the build mode and clothes, it doesn't seem very interesting. I like the singing skill... not sure about needing so many mods to run the place, but if I were to not use the city, I guess it'd be fine.

Nah, I think I'll stick to the EPs I have right now (GT and Seasons), and maybe keep an eye out for any new gamepacks.
Scholar
#1436 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Hmm, looking at the build mode and clothes, it doesn't seem very interesting. I like the singing skill... not sure about needing so many mods to run the place, but if I were to not use the city, I guess it'd be fine.

Nah, I think I'll stick to the EPs I have right now (GT and Seasons), and maybe keep an eye out for any new game packs.

Get together and Seasons are 2 of my most favorites, if not the most favorites.. Seasons is the best one
and the world of GT is the biggest we ever got, besides the fact that it looks awesome and include so many architecture styles..
Scholar
#1437 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 1:46 PM Last edited by CatMuto : 24th Apr 2019 at 2:14 PM.
I like Seasons, but... I really wish you got more influence about the seasons. Like in Sims 3, where you could alter the amount of seasons. Say, if I wanted to make a perma-Winter area, I could do that. But... I can't. (I might grab Outdoor Retreat. Seems to have several things I'd use, even if I were to not vacation a lot)

There were some questions I had... oh, yeah.
Is there a custom trait that's like the commitment issues one in the game, but it only focuses on the romance and not job aspect? A Sim I based on a character used to be a notorious player, so the non-commital trait would work, but he seems fine with holding down a job. (Would that even be able to re-create with the mod creator?)

Is there any way to age up sims without cakes? Testing cheats on or something, like in Sims 3?

PS: And aren't dinner events and such supposed to have that window in the top left, that shows you what you have to do to achieve a better rating? I know it uses it for dates and for the GTW jobs, but when I tried to host a dinner event, it just gave me the bar and time left...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1438 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 7:31 PM
You have to tick the little "prestige" check box for events to be given the little tasks in the upper left. If that's unticked then the event is unscored and you are given no tasks to complete.

Scholar
#1439 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 9:48 PM Last edited by CatMuto : 29th Apr 2019 at 8:15 PM.
@Menaceman44 Thanks for the info!

How does the sleeping-in-the-same-double-bed work? I read that the two adults need to be (Good) Friends to agree to sharing a bed. But when I had two True Friends adult sim attempt to share a double bed, they refused and kept waking up and complaining. Do they have to have a romantic relationship, too? )=

EDIT: I made them 'Make BFF' and then they did.
Scholar
#1440 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 8:11 PM
How well does the game play on a laptop that fulfills the Recommended System Requirements at the very least?
Lab Assistant
#1441 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 11:05 PM Last edited by gunchapred : 29th Apr 2019 at 11:25 PM.
I have a question that isn't that stupid, but here it is.

Is it ok to re-release someone else's mod if i give them full credit for the original mod and if I've updated?

Edit: I was also following a guide to update the, should i credit that too?
Scholar
#1442 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 1:05 AM Last edited by Keren : 30th Apr 2019 at 1:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gunchapred
I have a question that isn't that stupid, but here it is.

Is it ok to re-release someone else's mod if i give them full credit for the original mod and if I've updated?

Edit: I was also following a guide to update the, should i credit that too?

There's a full document about this in here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...es_of_Creations

thanks for willing to publish an update for a broken mod
Lab Assistant
#1443 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
There's a full document about this in here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...es_of_Creations

thanks for willing to publish an update for a broken mod

Thanks for the information, now i know i can post it on this site.
Scholar
#1444 Old 4th May 2019 at 9:23 AM
I being getting tremors in Strangerville, I know that because I can hear it, and some of my sims get negative moodlets from it.

But there are no visible effects other than the audio, so wondering is the screen suppose to shake also, disappointing if it doesn't, because screen shakes are certainly possible, like looks how thunderstorms work from seasons.
Field Researcher
#1445 Old 8th May 2019 at 6:03 AM
A stupid question on my part, but, well, just got Seasons and I'm wondering, is there any way to remove the game inserted "Events" from the calendar? (Not the holidays, just the events) I really don't want talent night or talent showcase or talent whatever it is called to be so often (or, you know, at all really... definitely not on X-mas eve, but that's just me), but I don't see an option for that. Am I missing something?
Scholar
#1446 Old 9th May 2019 at 12:40 AM
I think you have to be at least a day or two before the event occurs (the calender should show you any event/holiday occuring several days ahead of time) on the calender, then delete the event.
Scholar
#1447 Old 9th May 2019 at 3:03 AM
You also don't have to attend those events, so no reason to be bothered by this
Field Researcher
#1448 Old 9th May 2019 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You also don't have to attend those events, so no reason to be bothered by this

Ha, true enough. It's probably just the constant annoyance of phone invitations to talent shows and the like that has me react to the mere sight of those events being there. Time to just... let go... and beat my sim away from the TV and out there to keep practicing ice skating. ;P
Lab Assistant
#1449 Old 9th May 2019 at 1:17 PM
This might be a weird one, was just wondering what is the real name of this piano piece?
Scholar
#1450 Old 9th May 2019 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magicslippers
This might be a weird one, was just wondering what is the real name of this piano piece?

I can't recognize unworded music, but if it's the same as the piece in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jg...2OseHu_&index=5

someone wrote in the comments it's a sonata by Domencio Scarlatti in D minor
and youtube showed me this as a search result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6LtERRLKww

I really don't know
Page 58 of 86