Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 9:05 AM
Please help (i have searched cant find)
Hi
please help me Im trying to recolour some hair but when I do it just looks like one all over colour could somone explain how to colour it without taking the actual lines out if you dn't understand what I mean pm me thank
thanks again

i could only see hair mesh and I don't want that I just want my sims with realistic hair!! :bandit:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:22 AM Last edited by CuteDoggyPal : 4th Feb 2006 at 10:57 AM.
It seems that you're a beginner. So first thing's first. You need an imaging program. (Paint's Icky)

-Adobe Photoshop (Trial Only) (Buy for US$649.00)
-Paint Shop Pro (Trial Only) (Buy for US$129.00)
-GIMP (Free) ( http://www.gimp.org/ )
-Photoplus 6.0 (Free) ( http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ )
I suggest GIMP but if you have money to burn, go for Paint Shop Pro or even (GASP!) Photoshop. And by money I mean lots of money.

If you have PHOTOSHOP, you're lucky. If not, get GIMP.

If you have Photoshop:

(See the Corresponding Picture Attachments Below)
1st Step. Open up your Image File in Photoshop.
You got this far so you should at least you should know how to create new hair, etc.
2nd Step. Create a new layer...
By clicking on Layer> New> Layer or by simply pressing Ctrl+Shift+N
3rd Step Fill the layer with a certain color...
By using the paint bucket tool.
4th Step: Pick a blending mode. (Any Will Work) (As seen in the pic)
That's it!

If you have "GIMP", its slightly different. You have to create a new layer, fill it
with color then change the transparency\opacity.

I hope I helped someone!
Screenshots
Attached Images

#3 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 11:45 PM
The gimp is a good program, but it floods your taskbar very quickly
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 9:45 AM Last edited by abidazz8 : 6th Feb 2006 at 9:45 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
hair today...
Thank you both so much Yes I have photoshopCS I think I'm a beginner in hair but not in skinning :D
Thanks I will try that cutedoggypal thanks very much!!

It took me this long to find this thread again lol :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 9:57 AM
ok I think I have done my first hair style I'm going to upload my sim in a bit to see will you tell me if you think it's good enough please?