Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default base game still reads 0.0.0.0 after lots of uninstalling and reinstalling
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the EADM several times following the instructions to do it manually and also using revo-uninstaller. I've uninstalled all the games and I've reinstalled just the base game, vanilla, no cc, no mods, no store content.
At least this time it did the patch update (it wouldn't before) but the base game still reads 0.0.0.0 when I mouse over the small icon in the bottom left corner.
The game starts ok and seems to play ok. Is it really going to matter? It's driving me crazy.
Has anyone got some advice?
Games: Sims3, WA, HELS, & Ambitions but only Base Game at the moment. At first when I had them all in thought it might be different region codes BG code2, WA code2, HELS code1, Ambitions code1, but that's not relevant now.
Computer: Intel dou-core E7400 @ 2.8Ghz, XP service pack 3, 2 Gb Ram, ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics.

Thanks for any help given, I'm so frustrated I'm ready to go back to Sims2.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 3:22 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 13th Nov 2010 at 9:19 PM. Reason: changed wiki page
I don't think the code reading like that is going to affect gameplay.
As long as the gameversions are on the same level as in Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Common_Errors#The_patch_series_tabulatedwiki Game Help:Patch Tablewiki when you verify manually, you can totally Game_Help:TS3_Bypassing_the_Launcherwiki to start the game.

But having said that, a reinstall usually resolves this issue. Did you remove the user folders as well (after a backup), and start from a totally clean slate?
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 3:44 PM
I had such an issue months ago.Can't be sure that its the same,but reading your thread reminded me of some hard time.
Just in case : I had installed ,uninstalled,reinstalled , etc... But totally forgot the C A P (Create a Pattern Tool) , that I had not uninstalled .Finally remembered it and uninstalled it.Then my issue was solved.

Good luck !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 9:09 PM
Mehrlicht you may have picked it I was lazy and didn't delete CAW and completely forgot about CAP as I don't use it. I'm off to do more uninstalling Thankyou.
Ellacharm thank you for your reply, in frustration yesterday I completely deleted the eadm and the game still played ok so I guess I'll keep doing that if I have to.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 9:24 PM
I wasn't happy with the Common Errors page and end up messing with it and it results in a new Game Help:Launcher Issueswiki.
I've also edited the Patch table link in my previous post.