Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 12:36 PM
Default Of stars and city lights
The brisk wind bit through my thin shirt as I gazed across the river, eyes travelling upwards to the sky full of stars. Each one a tiny dot, a speck of light - I wondered to myself what would happen when that light crossed paths. Does it get stronger? Does it die out? Does it seperate, go it’s seperate ways.

I’ve always loved looking at the stars - to lie flat on my back on the top of a hill and just gaze into the infinite universe, feeling so small, yet so… magical somehow. I looked down at the lights on the city, and the occasional person out for a late night stroll - yet how many took the time to just look up? To see that wonder, that excitement, no matter the coldness or the rain or the elements.

How many of us can do with just experiencing something outside of ourselves for a brief moment - to just *let go* and drift on the currents of space and go where life takes us. It’s no wonder that our complicated lives feel so stressful, so closed in, when we don’t appreciate everything that nature has done. It’s wonder, it’s raw power, it’s sheer utter beauty.

Don’t close your eyes, don’t try to hide - for everything is out there, if you only you took a moment to stare up into the sky and open your heart and mind and *look*.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 8:12 AM
Delphy I love this piece. Mainly because I am always looking up at the stars thinking pretty much the same thing.

How true that we get so caught up with ourselves we very rarely take the time to see the true beauty all around us and especially above us....

.....now I sound like a sap.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 2:47 PM
Lovely . Very philosophical; it really made me think about how easy it is to get caught up in everyday life and forget to stop and smell the roses. Keep writing.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |