Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 2:47 PM
I need help creating realistic faces for skintones.
Okay, I have abode photoshop 7.0 and I have checked out a few tutorials and have come close to creating a successful realistic face. What i need help with is making the skintone from the faces I use match the skintones of the rest of the sim like the head / neck. I used color balance and it helps a little bit but theres still quite a color gap there =( If anyone knows how to do this and could maybe explain to me how its done I would appreaciate it very much. ~Ounce
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 3:02 PM
Here's a bit of info on the neck blend: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241222

Regarding getting the face itself to match... try changing the overlay type of the face layer on top of your base skin for the face - Luminosity is a good type to try. That will give you the details of that face without the colour.

You can also eyedropper the colour of the base face, do a bucket fill in a layer on top of your realistic face, and then change that layer type to a Colorize blend type to get the colour of the base face on there.

Experiment with a combination of the two, and changing the opacity of the layers till you get something you like.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 6:24 AM Last edited by -Ounce- : 6th Aug 2007 at 9:38 AM.
Thank you HP, I checked out the links and the info that you posted above and it seems to have all the info I need =) So it looks like I'm on my third try at this and this time should be the charm. Thanks again.

Muhahaha Awesome! That info did help indeed this thread is solved. You rock hp!