Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2005 at 6:41 AM
(can someone move this?) Can't open .simpe files created with meshtool
Edit: err...can someone move this. i hit send just as i realised i was still in the wrong forum.
I made the mesh, following the basic outline from some tutorial or another that i found. Followed it to the letter. Then when I went to open the meshtool file in SimPE the following happened:

First, the file didn't show up. The program was looking for just .package files (well gosh darn it, if it was a package file already, i wouldn't need SimPE!)

So, I went to "Show All" files, found the file. The icon-thingy for the file was correct, so i figured it saved correctly and attempted to open it

The computer proceeded to spend four or five minutes churning away and then came up with a error. "Error When trying to open.." and then the file location.

I'm decided that either 1) SimPE hates me and is being spiteful, or 2) I downloaded a bad copy of the meshtool and it isn't saving all the data.

I'm hoping that someone here can convince the program to like me again...or barring that at least tell me if there is something else it could be
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th May 2005 at 7:00 AM Last edited by teresa7159 : 25th May 2005 at 7:16 AM. Reason: I goofed :(
OK Moved, I hope!

I think I moved it to the wrong place. Was aiming for general modding. Sorry!

Teresa
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#3 Old 25th May 2005 at 11:38 AM
Morganthe,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem exactly, so if I'm way off base about it that is why.

The file your created with the Mesh tool can not be opened directly by SimPE. If that is what you were trying to do, I would expect an error. What you need to do with the file created by the mesh tool (which has a *.simpe or a *.5gd extension) is import it into an existing package file, replacing the original.

Am I on the right track here?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2005 at 11:14 PM
thats what i was attempting. (right click, replace). i upgraded last night though and the problem went away. *shrugs* least its fixed, yes? thanks though
Locked thread | Locked by: CynicalChick Reason: resolved