Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:00 PM Last edited by MildredMao : 14th Nov 2017 at 1:10 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Head tone different than body
Help ! the head's skin tone is different that the rest of the body, I've tried removing all the cc and i even reinstall the entire game but nothing helps. Does anybody have any solution
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:55 PM
Try using the Bat Box, remove tans and burns.
You only ever need to reinstall your game if you somehow corrupted your installation files (hard to do) or are moving to a new computer. 99% of the time you will be wasting your time doing that.

Also your picture isn't showing, probably because your picture code is touching the smilie code.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:48 PM
That's not it Jo, it's because they tried to link to an image on their hard drive - oops.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:39 AM
This usually happens when you install a default replacement skin - the face doesn't fully update at first. Get Pescado's batbox (or the FFS Lot Debugger) and use Fix.../Tans and Burns. 90% of the time that works, but if it doesn't, send them to a mirror and change the eyebrows.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:36 PM Last edited by MildredMao : 14th Nov 2017 at 2:34 PM.
no the batbox didn't help so as changing their eyebrows. I'm so confused , it only happen when a new female adult is generated in the game ,the existing ones are okay and i don't have any custom skin
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:56 PM
Seems like a problem with a custom skin. In this case, you'll want to do the 50/50 method. Fix tans and burns after each one - sometimes it doesn't immediately update.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:07 PM
I had something similar the other day- some of my sims suddenly had black faces - like coal black, not black skin.
I removed the thumbnails file (for some reason that solves many of my problems) - it seemed a bit better then, but still looked weird, so I removed the latest cc I had downloaded (it was default makeup and some clothes, not sure which one was the culprit).
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:00 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Nov 2017 at 4:12 PM.
Have you been using default replacement skins or genetic skins? If you did, it could have been a borked face texture.

Does this happen to all sims with that particular skin, all sims regardless of skintone, sims with custom skins, just that particular sim, a particular age/gender, or similar? If you notice a pattern, it's easier to figure out what's wrong.

When you reinstalled, did you replace the saved game with your old game files? The problem may be in the saved game. The game files are rarely touched by borkage unless you do one of the VBTs that might cause borkage of the Object.package files (like messing with Cruplebottom or similar). Any borkage of the game files should be fixed by reinstalling.

Which game version do you use? If you use CDs, is your game patched? The Ultimate Collection comes (as far as I know) with the patches already included.

* This should not happen when installing a default replacement, particularly not if you remember to delete the cache files before starting the game. I've had several defaults over the years, and none did this. However, if the skin is a borked default replacement or custom genetic skintone, I wouldn't be too surprised.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:56 PM
Now that I can see the OP's pic, I think my problem was too different.
I did once find something re default skins - I had two cc skins in my game, and one default (dependent on the cc ones). It just was a mess - I deleted the second skin, but first went back to the download page and noticed that it also had a dependent derault skin (which was never in my game). I tested them - both work perfectly alone in my game, but not together (with only one default in).
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 5:40 PM
Are you using a Correlated skin? This happens with correlated skins, particularly if you have one installed on its own.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:11 PM
I believe so (not really an expert on skins).
First, I downloaded set a and its (dependent) default package. It worked.
Then I later found set b and liked it better - so I downloaded that and the default. (I removed the default from set a).
I can't exactly remember what it did, but something was wrong with my sims So I removed set a and everything worked again.
That is when I also tried to it the other way round - same problem. I could apparently only have one of those sets plus its dependent default in my game. If I did not use the defaults, the skins still did not work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 1:29 AM
i have super collection on my mac and it was still the same with a complete clean reinstall with every file removed and reinstall so now i found a solution by just have default cc skin replacement , so I'm now using cc skin, works just fine .anyway thank you guys so much for trying to help me out
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:18 AM
I have the same issue even with default skins. Argh
Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:12 PM
Hi @Marina1990 - are you also on a Mac? And do you have macOS High Sierra installed?

If so, there's a known issue - see here for Aspyr's notice about it:

https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/...ues-after-10-13

Hopefully it'll get fixed at some point, but as Apple are no longer accepting 32-bit updates to programs in the Mac App Store it'll have to wait until (hopefully) they recompile the game as a 64-bit app as well. Fingers crossed. In the meantime I'm sticking with Sierra, which doesn't have the problem.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 9:26 AM
I had the same problem when I replaced the default skins and then removed them again. So I kept the default replacement and then there was no problem with different skintones on body and head. I have used default replacement by Mina M which works for me since I recall that other default replacement gave me problems...
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 4:10 AM
Tried Fix Tans and Burns and updating at mirror, no effect, so I went to 50/50. Found that the trigger was (sadly) Diekatze's excellent Piccolo:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/437694

Specifically, within the "Diekatze Meshes 2.rar" file, it was one or more of the face templates. Loading with the rest of the Piccolo files active and only those absent does not produce the glitch. I've only had the issue with adult females, but even with only the adult male file active, it still occurred.

Loading with Downloads empty except for the Piccolo files, the glitch did occur, so if it's a conflict with other CC then it must be something that isn't installed to Downloads.