Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims dorm is empty... but not empty
Hi, I'm having a weird WEIRD issue. I moved in the boyfriend of my YA Sim to the Uni, so, one of the sims just left the dorm, and let a room for him, I choose the room... and it's empty, but things are still there!!! they just become invisible! I can't buy nothing because it says that there is already something placed there.
And I can't even click on the stuff, it's like the stuff is still there, but at the same time is not, someone knows how to fix this weirdness?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:46 PM
Gee, even if it was the room of a non-playable dormie (which looks empty, till you tell your sim to enter) you should be able to see it in build mode, and change things.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Gee, even if it was the room of a non-playable dormie (which looks empty, till you tell your sim to enter) you should be able to see it in build mode, and change things.

Yeah, but when I enter in bb mode, it appear all the other rooms full, except his, it's empty (lights and shadows of things are still viewable) but I can't delete, click or do anything, and when I move a sim to the spot where "is something", moves the feet and is like "no no, there is a... chair there"
I just can't understand this kinda corruption of the dorm is so weird
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 12:37 AM
Have you tried forcing errors on the objects?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 6:47 AM
Have you tried to use the hamer to demolish the objects?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 8:08 AM
Or the stuck object remover? Maybe something is stuck in that room due to the dormie moving out.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 10:17 AM
I would move them out of the dorm and back in. Something is stuck, but I think it's more likely some kind of controller or token. Do you have No Sim Loaded? It's one of the essential mods and cleans up tokens.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#8 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:30 PM
If you still have the problem, I recently I read that putting the dorm door on a diagonal wall can cause the problem, it was supposedly fixed in a patch. You might also try to remove the door and replace it.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Alchemist
#9 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:25 PM
is some character's face on the dorm's door?
if so, might summon that character then make him/her selectable then have him/her unclaim the room. your sim might be able to claim the room then.