Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5726 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Apparently they've added a boat for transportation to the lighthouse island, but there's no animation, you can only click on it and then the sim will go near it (near meaning in the vicinity) and then poof you're transported. There's no animation for going in the boat, no boat movement, no arrival from the boat. *headdesk*

Well, If there's no actual transportation, I wouldn't expect and believe for a boat to have all sort of that fancy stuff.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#5727 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:19 PM
Hmmm... something..... something seems off here...

Now, there are two possible explanations:
1) The dog is telekinetic
2) Bad animations

If you ask SimGuruDrake, it's the former, but I'm skeptical... hmm...
Forum Resident
#5728 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Hmmm... something..... something seems off here...

Now, there are two possible explanations:
1) The dog is telekinetic
2) Bad animations

If you ask SimGuruDrake, it's the former, but I'm skeptical... hmm...
I saw something similar in a video where a Sim was talking to the dog and they were doing that weird thing where they keep turning around and can't find a spot to stand still at. At some point the dog kind of "teleported" next to the Sim. It looked like a reset.

I hope these things are just some rare things, but I basically lost hope for that EP tbh.
Mad Poster
#5729 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:40 PM
Isn't this much like how Sims sometimes jump from one animation to the next in TS3? Two different interaction animations should always be linked by a transition animation, but sometimes the game accidentally skips it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#5730 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
I saw something similar in a video where a Sim was talking to the dog and they were doing that weird thing where they keep turning around and can't find a spot to stand still at. At some point the dog kind of "teleported" next to the Sim. It looked like a reset.
I hope these things are just some rare things, but I basically lost hope for that EP tbh.

This?

It's ok, since that is gameplay from an "unfinished" version of the expansion, so I'm sure they'll fix it before it drops. I mean they did add burglars and firefighters back right?
Forum Resident
#5731 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
This?

It's ok, since that is gameplay from an "unfinished" version of the expansion, so I'm sure they'll fix it before it drops. I mean they did add burglars and firefighters back right?
No, it wasn't that one. I watched quite a few videos, so I don't know which one it was. But your example looks exactly how i described it anyway
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5732 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Isn't this much like how Sims sometimes jump from one animation to the next in TS3? Two different interaction animations should always be linked by a transition animation, but sometimes the game accidentally skips it.

Miscalculation to move an object to a specific position after concluding an animation.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#5733 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 7:13 PM
I just saw how the costumes (like the Taco costume) clip through the floor and everything when pets play with each other

edit: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186327359 At 20:50 you can see the interaction for pet woohoo - Sniffing at each other and hearts animation.
And a cat birth at 1:32:55. The cat lies on the ground, rainbow glitter and the kitten is there.
Mad Poster
#5734 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Cats & Dogs: "No emotions for pets."

Good riddance! I rather have my pets be TS2/TS3 style "robotic" oppose to having these so-called "emotions", unless they screwed up that and literally made dogs/cats robotics. Regardless, It has yet to change my mind whenever I should purchase the pack, which is the answer is still no. Let's raise hands whose not buying it too?
Scholar
#5735 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:13 PM
Strangely enough, I'm more excited about the ability to size down objects in the upcoming patch than this expansion....
...also, the new roof types and matching sliders coming in the same patch look okay, too...

Source - http://simscommunity.info/2017/10/3...ovember-update/

(waits for the inevitable mod breakage and subsequent updates in Nov)
(also raises hand as someone not buying the expansion - not until a bloody good sale, maybe)

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#5736 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:19 PM
I just saw how the costumes (like the Taco costume) clip through the floor and everything when pets play with each other

edit: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186327359 At 20:50 you can see the interaction for pet woohoo - Sniffing at each other and hearts animation.
And a cat birth at 1:32:55. The cat lies on the ground, rainbow glitter and the kitten is there.

Well thank god I misunderstood that one then. At least they did an animation.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Theorist
#5737 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:40 PM

My favourite part is when she acknowledges a question and gracelessly ignores it.
Mad Poster
#5738 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 9:02 PM
Ughhhh.... *fan girling mode on* *sigh* "AND THEN LOOK AT HIS FACE. HESGET THIS REALLY PROUD LOOK ON HIS FACE LIKE OH MY GOSH
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5739 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 9:41 PM
I am consistently bothered by the physical world getting more attention than build mode, and by the physical world having more lots than we currently use. The new town has an entire downtown area RIGHT THERE. It even has objects players can't even use in their worlds.

Scholar
#5740 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 11:07 PM
Heard on a gameplay video: "I love that you can just pick up your cat!" Oh rly?

Honestly I don't think I've rolled my eyes so much in my entire life as when I've watched these videos.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Field Researcher
#5741 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 11:16 PM
The fake enthusiasm and awe is nauseating. Influencers opinions mean jack shit IMO, they are essentially getting paid to praise the game. It’s almost lobbying with the lengths some of those YT’ers go to make a pack look better than it really is.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5742 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Every time something new comes out about this EP.....All I can think about is how it's going to kill us with meritocracy
I think you either mean mediocracy or kakistocracy or maybe mediocrity.

Meritocracy would be a government composed of the most able and talented people.
Forum Resident
#5743 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 12:56 AM
-Three new recipes - Popcorn Shrimp, Haddock Sandwich, Lobster Roll (source)
- Toddlers can fit through the larger pet door (source)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5744 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:08 AM
The influencer gushing is hysterical. Every one I saw sounded warily similar, though I didn’t watch many.

“This video is sponsored by EA, but my opinions are all my own! *rabbid fangirling about basic things*”

I watched someone brag about having “so many swatches.” Girl, 8 is not many. 8 doesn’t even include all of the basic colors an object should have. I feel like EA is paying them to be hyper enthusiastic (which I could never see someone like LGR ever doing).

Then again, we have forumers creating safe spaces to shield themselves from criticisms from a body of work they haven’t even created. What a time to be alive.

Field Researcher
#5745 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:41 AM
So how does neutering work if they woohoo with their noses?....
Theorist
#5746 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I watched someone brag about having “so many swatches.” Girl, 8 is not many. 8 doesn’t even include all of the basic colors an object should have. I feel like EA is paying them to be hyper enthusiastic (which I could never see someone like LGR ever doing).

I feel like if they aren't going to let us recolour stuff things need to have every primary, secondary, and tertiary colour in both light, moderate and high saturation, either as solids or as the main colour in a pattern. That along with being able to chose swatches for different parts separately ala Sims 2, so the bedding is not tied to the bed frame etc
Mad Poster
#5747 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler

Honestly, I feel like it would barely change a thing If the game was rated E instead of T. "Crude" humour (or is there any at all in the game which I urge to question on that) is nothing compared to what we got in TS2, romantic interactions aren't that intimidating (heck, I doubt even that woohoo animation can traumatize kids under age of 13), and violence-- well, not really of a difference through the sims series, so yeah I can agree over that being a factor for a T rating. Than again, there are a lot of E rated games that feature violence (minecraft for instance ?)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5748 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler

Sort of like birth control and storks bringing humans babies.

Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I feel like if they aren't going to let us recolour stuff things need to have every primary, secondary, and tertiary colour in both light, moderate and high saturation, either as solids or as the main colour in a pattern. That along with being able to chose swatches for different parts separately ala Sims 2, so the bedding is not tied to the bed frame etc

Bedding being tied to bed frames was such a terrible descision. Same with pillows being tied to chairs, but a pillow on a chair is passable since it’s only an accent to the part you care about the most - the chair.

However, both the frame and bedding are important when decorating. You could have a great frame, with a great wood tone, and hideous bedding, or great bedding with a crap frame. You can win in TS4.

Theorist
#5749 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Feel it would barely change a thing If the game was rated E instead of T. "Crude" humour is nothing compared to what we got in TS2, romantic interactions aren't that intimidating (heck, I doubt even that woohoo animation can traumatize kids under age of 13), and violence-- well, not really of a difference through the sims series, so yeah I can agree over that being a factor for a T rating. Than again, there are a lot of E rated games that feature violence (minecraft for instance ?)

I wouldn't even consider the "fighting" in the sims to be violence. It's pretty fucking PG...

I agree they should either lower the rating to be honest, or do something that earns the fucking T rating.

I just really miss the butt-pinch woohoo cut-scene
Field Researcher
#5750 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The influencer gushing is hysterical. Every one I saw sounded warily similar, though I didn’t watch many.

“This video is sponsored by EA, but my opinions are all my own! *rabbid fangirling about basic things*”

Then again, we have forumers creating safe spaces to shield themselves from criticisms from a body of work they haven’t even created. What a time to be alive.

EA is paying these people. Not directly, but EA is providing them with the exclusive video footage for their media channels that’s guaranteed to increase their viewers and increase the ad revenue they get in return. For that reason alone, i’m of the opinion that none of their opinions should be trusted.
Locked thread
Page 230 of 447