Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 3:21 AM
Default "Overly long neck vs huge forehead" dilemma: How to end this?
I tend to make shorter-faced sims and this has been a problem that has plagued me: if I want to make a short face and I lower the head to try and make my features proportional, the sim will turn into a conehead, because I can't lower the height of the cranium-part of the head. If I raise the face to make the whole face proportional to the overly-tall head top, I'll get a freakishly long neck.

So my question is: Is there a way to lower the height of just the top/crown/cap/cranium part of the head?

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 4:06 PM
Coneheads? How? If I make short-faced sim, I'd shorten the jaw and chins as well, and sometimes the face too I don't think there is any way to lower the cap but I'm sure the usual way, raising the head instead, will do.

Don't forget to lower the eyes too. Bring it closer to the nose bridge.
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 4:05 AM
I would think that the only way to do this would be to set the sim's height only a tiny smidge lower, which would make the sim stockier all around but would probably eliminate the locng skinny neck.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I would think that the only way to do this would be to set the sim's height only a tiny smidge lower, which would make the sim stockier all around but would probably eliminate the locng skinny neck.

How are you going to do that? With the stretch skeleton cheat?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 7:07 AM Last edited by ijustneedsomeeyes : 12th Jan 2014 at 7:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonflysparkles
Coneheads? How? If I make short-faced sim, I'd shorten the jaw and chins as well, and sometimes the face too I don't think there is any way to lower the cap but I'm sure the usual way, raising the head instead, will do.

Don't forget to lower the eyes too. Bring it closer to the nose bridge.

Thank you for the helpful advice! The first set has a neck that is the perfect size, but the forehead is freakishly large (Coneheads was an SNL sketch-turned-movie about an alien family with freakish head-tops) vs the second has a perfect (and much more ethnically-true and beautiful) face, but the neck is freakishly long. Here is a picture example and please ignore the lack of hair:

Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer

But wouldn't the stretch skeleton cheat lower the whole body overall, therefore still leaving in the possibility that the sim will still have a disproportionally long neck? If I'm wrong about this, please say so.

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 6:19 AM
It would be relevant if you're doing bald sim, but for this dilemma, surely hairs will do the trick. And clothes as well. I forgot to say that if making sims, you had to adjust the head suitable for the hair as well, so it wouldn't look awkward. You wouldn't have to worry about huge forehead or long neck anymore if you already have a hair on. Either one could be used with certain hair.

Like this sim it has a short face but the hat and the turtle neck concealed it.

Can you imagine what he looks like without those on?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 10:25 PM
Yeah, he'd look like this one sim I downloaded from exnem sims, without her banged hair!

Well, I removed every custom hair I had in my folder, but I guess I will have to get one now. Thank you, Dragonflysparkles.

Scholar
#8 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 7:03 PM
I think if you make the long-necked sim and then use stretch skeleton on it, the long neck will be less evident because of the overall com,pression of the skeleton: but the head doesn't shrink (if I remember correctly), so the proportions do change.

quick edit: I would only use a smidge of change, of course.