Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:54 AM
I'm having some real trouble with the GUIDs. The careers go into the game fine, but when I try to give them to my sims, it comes up with a message saying : "You gave me a crappy GUID" or something to that effect. I've followed your tutorial exactly, and my game just does not like the GUIDs.

Can you maybe help me.

Thanks for the tutorial though. It is really easy to understand, I just can't see where i'm going wrong.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Lucy
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 5:36 AM
Does anyone know why it comes up with "You gave me a crappy GUID" everytime I try to give my Sims one of my created careers.
If anyone can help i would be most grateful. I just can't figure it out.

Thanks
Lucy
The ModFather
retired moderator
#53 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 10:50 PM
lol! I knew of the existence of that error message, but I thought it was just a joke embedded in the game

You say that this happens with any of your created careers (plural), so I guess that several different GUIDs generate the same error message?
Are you sure that you are registering the GUIDs in the right way? Will you please post here one of your faulty careers?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 6:42 PM
This is a fabulous tutorial; thanks so much for making it. I can't imagine how you figured all this out in the first place, but we're glad you did!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Instructor
#55 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 6:34 PM
I was following you tut just fine but I was called away after adding extracted bcon, but apparently I added them again and now where it should say 108 it syas 111. I stupidly didn't make a back up of my new career, so I can't use that. Is there anything I can do to save my career.
Instructor
#56 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 6:37 PM
Never mind I think I fixed it. I found duplicate instances and removed them. I'm going to test in game and then Post here to be tested
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
lol! I knew of the existence of that error message, but I thought it was just a joke embedded in the game

You say that this happens with any of your created careers (plural), so I guess that several different GUIDs generate the same error message?
Are you sure that you are registering the GUIDs in the right way? Will you please post here one of your faulty careers?

Hi Numenor:

I'm not the original poster of the "crappy GUID" issue, but I'm having problems with it myself. I'm attaching here my silly career (it's basic without many special things - it's the first one I've made). I've tried generating different GUIDs, and I've been through this tutorial a few times, but I still cannot get it to work. I hope you or someone can help!

There's a screenshot of the error message here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...x/SimsError.jpg

And please let me know if you need the stack trace that the error mentions.

Thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DragonRiderCareer.rar (16.7 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 5:10 PM
Default Crappy GUID error
So I have followed these instructions several times with my new career and I'm still getting the 'crappy GUID' error message. How do you normally solve that?

Should the GUID be the same in all fields? (i.e. original, fallback, diagonal, grid align)

Thanks in advance!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#59 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 8:26 PM
If you are 100% sure that you have correctly registered the new GUID for your custom career, then post it here, and I will take a look. I'm not sure to solve the problem, but - at least - I will finally see with my own eyes this "Crappy GUID" error

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#60 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 10:16 PM
Thanks so much! You can download it here: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...B827C1F7F785CDC

And yes, now you can see the error. I thought it was funny too
Test Subject
#61 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 1:58 AM
So my bad. Apparently the error only shows up while in boolprop mode. When I was able to get the job by using the newspaper, there was no error at all. Strange! Sorry for the bother, but I think it should be fine if it's only giving the error in cheat mode.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#62 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 2:06 AM
I was not lucky... I had no "Crappy GUID" error -
As soon as I accepted the job, I had another error ("Undefined Transition"), due to the fact that I don't have the custom outfits in my Downloads, and the game complained because it couldn't add the outfit in the family inventory.
Apart from that, I had no other errors.

Exactly, *when* should the error appear? What EPs should I use when testing the career? I tested it in a "Base+UNI" game...

PS: the "crappy GUID" may also be one of the outfit/cars GUIDs; double check them, too.

Test Subject
#63 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 2:01 AM
That's strange. I don't have custom outfits attached yet. And I have the base game, uni, seasons, bon voyage, and open for business.

I think I just figured out what the issue might be. I think it is one of the vehicle guids. I've been having issues getting sim pe to understand that, so I'm going to try it without that.

Thank you so much for trying!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#64 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 11:56 AM
No custom outfit? I see that the various job levels are all associated to custom outfits, with GUIDs 0x00227705, 0x00227706 and 0x00227707 (see BCON 0x1055); and the list of associated pool cars contain one custom GUID (0x6CA4B49C) associated to level 10.

Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 5:06 PM
Well, I didn't set up custom outfits. I was working off Emma Barrett's template, so the outfits are set up with whatever was in them. But I was planning on adding custom outfits, so thats something tha twill be fixed. And the vehicle GUID was showing up wrong. It was supposed to just be the 'captain hero flyoff' I've fixed that and tested it in-game and it works now. I thought that might be the cause of the 'crappy guid' error message, but I still got it in boolprop only. Though one time I got the error message, and one time I didn't.

I think as long as it works when selecting the job the normal way (i.e, from the paper or computer) it should be fine though.

I just wanted to thank you again for checking out my career for me. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me tackle this!
Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 5:11 PM
Oh, addition to last post-I was tinkering some with Bidou's career editor while using SimPe, but that's been giving me as many issues as help, and I think that might have set up the outfit ids. Hm. Oh well, more playing around then
Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 9:40 PM
I have the same problem with the crappy GUID...
I also followed the tutorial step-by-step and NO WAY! it wont end!
I also re-did the career again, but i cant do it.
It would be very helpful if someone can help with that problem :D
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 2:42 PM
Problem with SimPE Guid
I cant get registered on Simpe.It keeps oon freezing everytime I try to register a user> Can you help me?
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 11:12 AM Last edited by K-chan : 19th Mar 2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Wrong link
Default Fixed the 'crappy GUID' problem!
Saw some of you were having the same problem as over in the CC Tutorial thread, so thought I'd post the answer here as well.

After weeks of scouring the forums for an answer, realising that no one had figured one out, and putting various clues together, I have come up with the answer.

I've even tested it in my game to make sure it works. I feel like a detective now!

The problem isn't the GUID of the career itself. The problem is that the template career most of us are using has custom content for either the clothing or the cars, and those of us using it to create our own careers don't have that content. Therefore, when the game looks for the GUID of the clothes/cars, it can't find it. This also fixes the problem with the promotions not being acknowledged.

Vangaza actually posted the method earlier, but without knowing that it would fix this problem - someone had asked how to assign Maxis clothing in. Follow the link to find out how to change the GUIDs, and it should all be good... hopefully. It's about 3/4 of the way down the page, and includes a download list of clothing/transport GUIDs.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...5#startcomments
Test Subject
#71 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:41 AM
Just curious whether this tutorial works with Free Time also. Anyone have any experience?
Test Subject
#72 Old 10th May 2008 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K-chan
Saw some of you were having the same problem as over in the CC Tutorial thread, so thought I'd post the answer here as well.

After weeks of scouring the forums for an answer, realising that no one had figured one out, and putting various clues together, I have come up with the answer.

I've even tested it in my game to make sure it works. I feel like a detective now!

The problem isn't the GUID of the career itself. The problem is that the template career most of us are using has custom content for either the clothing or the cars, and those of us using it to create our own careers don't have that content. Therefore, when the game looks for the GUID of the clothes/cars, it can't find it. This also fixes the problem with the promotions not being acknowledged.

Vangaza actually posted the method earlier, but without knowing that it would fix this problem - someone had asked how to assign Maxis clothing in. Follow the link to find out how to change the GUIDs, and it should all be good... hopefully. It's about 3/4 of the way down the page, and includes a download list of clothing/transport GUIDs.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...5#startcomments

That's great. I was getting really annoyed at that error. Thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#73 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 3:21 AM
Thank you sooooo
Much!!
(:
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 5:19 AM Last edited by freegirltry : 5th Jul 2008 at 5:30 AM. Reason: Problem changed
Please Help!
Now it only says ObjectRes. HELP NEEDED BADLY!
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 5:48 AM
I've searched and it does not work.
Can someone point me towards a easier guide? This one's too complicated.
Page 3 of 5