Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 6:43 AM
Default "Illegal owner field in data reference" Question
Okay, after reading this, I can understand how a data owner could be invalid when Sims/objects are involved (e.g. "My person data").

But I don't understand how more fundamental data types, such as Temps and Locals, could be invalid. I keep getting this error on a [prim 0x0008] Random Number node in a few BHAVs (but not in others in the same mod). I've tried initializing the variable beforehand. I've tried fiddling with Stack Object value. So yeah, "Random Number" does work in some of my BHAVs, but I get this error in others and I just don't see why.

I should have gone to bed long ago, but I just now noticed that in a working BHAV, the Format is 0x8009, the Header Flag is 0x06 and the Tree Version is 0xFFFF800D...whereas, one of the non-working BHAVs has the same Format and Tree Type but a Header Flag of 0x00 and a Tree Version of 0xFFFF800B. Would that matter?

ETA: I'm using Smonaff's Period controller as a base.

Object id: 20
name: Period Controller
Stack size: 4
Error: Illegal owner field in data reference.
Iterations: 59
Frame 3:
Stack Object id: 407
Stack Object name: N001_User00399 - Chester
Node: 1
Tree: id 4115 name 'Get Sick' version -32757
from PeriodController
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals: 407 0 0
Frame 2:
Stack Object id: 407
Stack Object name: N001_User00399 - Chester
Node: 21
Tree: id 4104 name 'Start Fate' version -32758
from PeriodController
Prim state: 0
Params: 407 10 Locals: 0 0
Frame 1:

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 7:47 AM
What parameters are you passing through to Random? Try zeroing out all the operands before you use the wizard to set up the temps, etc. Sometimes junk values in fields which aren't really used can cause that error unexpectedly.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 5:42 PM
YES! Thank you so much! I had a stray "07" in operand seven. Now it works well.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...