3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#18326 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The default database shows the filenames for all the Maxis clothes too. Click on a specific outfit and the filename will be near the top under the menu bar.
http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/

I thought 'YAY' when you posted this, but then I went and looked and frowned. It has some, but only items that ppl have defaulted,which usually is the ugly/hideous/ stoopid stuff.

I have lots of recolors and since I didn't do them all at the same time the names I gave them vary even if they're the same outfit, just a different color. I did some sortin and got all the same grouped items in folders and am goin through and lookin at each (mostly) one in SimPE to find the name. It's a long tedious task, but hopefully once I'm done then if I ever recolor that same outfit again (new color of course ...lol) then I'll already have the name and can be consistent.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#18327 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 11:53 AM
Somebody asked and sparked my interest: do vampires leave a cosmetic visible mark on a Sim they bite.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#18328 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 3:51 PM
When creating sims does a square jaw or round jaw work better for a long thin face? Also is there a way to take pictures in CAS without the sim smiling or the blue box info thing in the way? I use CAS to see what kids I can get and want to compare the differences between each one.
Mad Poster
#18329 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 4:21 PM
Can visiting kids (brought home from school, or else) use the activity table ?
I know your child cannot ask them to join, but can they use it...in an un-modded game.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Undead Molten Llama
#18330 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
In my game, it's all... what's the hurry... my 4 days equal... like... 4 days, maybe 2. Depends where I play.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, as they say. I like the 4 days = 1 year setup because it allows me to know exactly how old my Sims are and the ages make sense in comparison to the length of a pregnancy. Knowing ages is somewhat important to me because some of rules I use are "real" age-related. Like "When a Sim turns 50, then 'X' happens" or "When a Sim turns 25, then they can do 'Y' or "When a Sim turns 68, they can start to collect pension whether or not they continue to work." Stuff like that.

I don't bother with changing the season length, though. In order to match 4 days/year, you'd have to have one-day seasons and that's just too fast IMO. I like longer winters, in particular, so that snow accumulates. So, I imagine that my Sims live on a planet that has a really long sidereal year, so the way they measure age has nothing to do with the amount of time it takes for their planet to revolve around its sun. Works for me.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#18331 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 7:23 PM
How to make a "fly over" for a new hood? And can it be done for an already-played hood? Or even just a correct PICTURE? (where the game opens and you pick a hood). I have 2 hoods (made from custom templates) whose picture looks like a schematic - ragged hills on a grid; how could I replace this with an actual picture. And on other hoods (Maxis, custom hoods, or ones I've made) when they look very different from the original I want a new hood picture. Probably to complex for my old brain, but I'll give it a shot

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#18332 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 7:32 PM
Fly over, no idea.
But to replace your schematic : Go in and take a good picture. Then, resize it to about 300 x225. save as a .png file and give it a name according to the neighborhood it will belong to.
such as : N002_Neighborhood
Put that picture in your Neighborhood folder, the Hood you need the picture.
Mine is 292 x 225, because it was the size of my schematic one.

Top Secret Researcher
#18333 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner
When creating sims does a square jaw or round jaw work better for a long thin face? Also is there a way to take pictures in CAS without the sim smiling or the blue box info thing in the way? I use CAS to see what kids I can get and want to compare the differences between each one.

The first question is about taste, really.
Second question: You could finish the sim, then zoom in in the other CAS room.
(I use a camera mod, so if you can't, you might want to get one. But you can't zoom all the way in to the face in the other CAS room if that's what you wanted.)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Alchemist
#18334 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 31st Mar 2019 at 9:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
How to make a "fly over" for a new hood? And can it be done for an already-played hood? Or even just a correct PICTURE? (where the game opens and you pick a hood). I have 2 hoods (made from custom templates) whose picture looks like a schematic - ragged hills on a grid; how could I replace this with an actual picture. And on other hoods (Maxis, custom hoods, or ones I've made) when they look very different from the original I want a new hood picture. Probably to complex for my old brain, but I'll give it a shot

Not sure if we are talking about the same things, but I was just asking about a flyover a page or two back. The way I'm doing it is rename the hood just in the neighborhood browser view with one of the hood names that automatically gives a flyover. I used Sedona but any Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville, Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley, Belladonna Cove, Sedona, Europa... will do. I thought I'd experiment to see which looks best because the camera movements are based on the terrain used in those hoods. The loading pic for the hood is just a png in the Neighborhood folder, so can be replaced.
Scholar
#18335 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 9:56 PM
If this is the wrong thread to post this question I can move it....
What is the hack for placing a bridge or wooden foundation from the shore into the ocean ?
Like the connecting wooden foundation in the lot called "The Cove".
www.modthesims.info/d/319204/the-cove.html

I tried building one on an empty residential beach lot using the bridge-type foundation and using CFE cheat ; but it didn't really work as I had to level the sea floor and beach.
Thanks in advance.

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#18336 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
If this is the wrong thread to post this question I can move it....
What is the hack for placing a bridge or wooden foundation from the shore into the ocean ?
Like the connecting wooden foundation in the lot called "The Cove".
www.modthesims.info/d/319204/the-cove.html

I tried building one on an empty residential beach lot using the bridge-type foundation and using CFE cheat ; but it didn't really work as I had to level the sea floor and beach.
Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of ways, I think - here's one tutorial: http://modthesims.info/t/571201
Mad Poster
#18337 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I thought 'YAY' when you posted this, but then I went and looked and frowned. It has some, but only items that ppl have defaulted,which usually is the ugly/hideous/ stoopid stuff.

What outfits are missing? The only Maxis outfits I don't see in the Default Database are the Store clothes and the pre-order outfits. All the EP and SP clothes should be in there.
Theorist
#18338 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
What outfits are missing? The only Maxis outfits I don't see in the Default Database are the Store clothes and the pre-order outfits. All the EP and SP clothes should be in there.

Don't recall offhand, but I was lookin at toddler clothing.
Scholar
#18339 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 3:06 AM
Thanks. aelflaed ! I didn't realize the beach portals were in the way !

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#18340 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 1:46 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 2nd Apr 2019 at 4:25 PM.
TWO QUESTIONS:

1) I think I read recently that a skin is not loaded into the game until the sim using it is needed. Is that right? I'm asking because I'm cleaning seldom-if-ever-used large files out of my downloads, but if this skin is only used when/if I have a sim use it, I could keep it because I probably won't use it on more than one or two sims, but if it's loaded all the time, I'd delete it.

2) I'm pretty sure none of this is a big problem, but what could/should I do to tidy it up?

User File Warnings:
Sim has no Character file: 0x0445 SimID=0x3A2A1FD6
Sim has no Character file: 0x0448 SimID=0xFA2A1FD9
Sim has no Character file: 0x0449 SimID=0x7A2A1FD8
Sim has no Character file: 0x044B SimID=0x9A2A1FD4
Sim has no Character file: 0x044C SimID=0x7A2A1FD7
Sim has no Character file: 0x044D SimID=0x3A2A1FD5

Memories:
Subject does not exist: 0x018A Parker Royce: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x018E Trisha Traveller: Had X Best Friends (SimID=0xEC6A6FB9)
Subject does not exist: 0x01A9 Destry Vijayakar: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x01AB Aren Gonzaga: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x039F Meredith McClellan: Met SimID=0x239815D8
Subject does not exist: 0x03A4 Daniel Mace: Met SimID=0x239815D8
Subject does not exist: 0x03A5 Mona Garth: Met SimID=0xC3A2A477
Subject does not exist: 0x03A6 Daniel McAuley: Met SimID=0xC3A2A477
Subject does not exist: 0x03A6 Daniel McAuley: Met SimID=0x239815D8
Subject does not exist: 0x03AA Kevin Ternynck: Met SimID=0x239815D8
Subject does not exist: 0x03AC Jay Lum: Met SimID=0xC3A2A477
Inventor
#18341 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 6:13 PM
I have this mod.
In notes it says, that "Teens and Young Adults can only be experimented on, if Inteen is installed"
I do not have InTeen, but I do have Wild Child + MTS mod to allow young adults to enjoy maternity.
So my question is, are my teens and young adults able to be experimented on with mentioned above mods instead of InTeen?
Scholar
#18342 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 6:46 PM
How many Subhoods have you guys ever had attached to your hoods, excluding Downtowns? I'm probably going to be an idiot and have all the original maxis hoods (Veronaville, Strangetown, Pleasantview, Desiderata Valley and so on), Sedona, Mountainside Valley, Bitville and Four Corners attached to my Belladonna Cove. Has anyone ever had this many Subhoods or is there a limit? It will probably explode a lot faster, too. I just like having a lot of Sims to play with and merge together.
Mad Poster
#18343 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
TWO QUESTIONS:

1) I think I read recently that a skin is not loaded into the game until the sim using it is needed. Is that right? I'm asking because I'm cleaning seldom-if-ever-used large files out of my downloads, but if this skin is only used when/if I have a sim use it, I could keep it because I probably won't use it on more than one or two sims, but if it's loaded all the time, I'd delete it.

2) I'm pretty sure none of this is a big problem, but what could/should I do to tidy it up?

User File Warnings:
Sim has no Character file: 0x0445 SimID=0x3A2A1FD6
Sim has no Character file: 0x0448 SimID=0xFA2A1FD9
Sim has no Character file: 0x0449 SimID=0x7A2A1FD8
Sim has no Character file: 0x044B SimID=0x9A2A1FD4
Sim has no Character file: 0x044C SimID=0x7A2A1FD7
Sim has no Character file: 0x044D SimID=0x3A2A1FD5

Memories:
Subject does not exist: 0x018A Parker Royce: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x018E Trisha Traveller: Had X Best Friends (SimID=0xEC6A6FB9)
Subject does not exist: 0x01A9 Destry Vijayakar: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x01AB Aren Gonzaga: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x039F Meredith McClellan: Met SimID=0x239815D8
Subject does not exist: 0x03A4 Daniel Mace: Met SimID=0x239815D8
Subject does not exist: 0x03A5 Mona Garth: Met SimID=0xC3A2A477
Subject does not exist: 0x03A6 Daniel McAuley: Met SimID=0xC3A2A477
Subject does not exist: 0x03A6 Daniel McAuley: Met SimID=0x239815D8
Subject does not exist: 0x03AA Kevin Ternynck: Met SimID=0x239815D8
Subject does not exist: 0x03AC Jay Lum: Met SimID=0xC3A2A477

1) no idea sorry.
2) You either have 6 default replacement PT, like a multi PT mod, if it is the case, you can safely copy(not move!) these to your Character folder of the Hood it is in. This way, they will stop showing in Hood Checker.
The rest, I think you can just use the remove option of HC on them.

Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
I have this mod.
In notes it says, that "Teens and Young Adults can only be experimented on, if Inteen is installed"
I do not have InTeen, but I do have Wild Child + MTS mod to allow young adults to enjoy maternity.
So my question is, are my teens and young adults able to be experimented on with mentioned above mods instead of InTeen?

Depending on what mod that is, if by experiment they meant alien pregnancy, then yes. The mod Lamare has on here will let YA male be abducted and pregnant with aliens on campus. For teens, then I guess the mod you have (wild child) will take care of the rest.

Inventor
#18344 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Depending on what mod that is, if by experiment they meant alien pregnancy, then yes. The mod Lamare has on here will let YA male be abducted and pregnant with aliens on campus. For teens, then I guess the mod you have (wild child) will take care of the rest.

Thanks! =D
Test Subject
#18345 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 10:23 PM
So the Sunset Valley TS3 to TS2 conversion, the hood loads just fine and so do the families, except for the Landgrabb family. Just curious as to why or if anyone else has issues with this hood? Myself and countless others have had the same issue with only the Langrabb family. We've tried contacting the creator, but to no avail I guess?
Alchemist
#18346 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 10:35 PM
1) no idea sorry.
2) You either have 6 default replacement PT, like a multi PT mod, if it is the case, you can safely copy(not move!) these to your Character folder of the Hood it is in. This way, they will stop showing in Hood Checker.
The rest, I think you can just use the remove option of HC on them.

This is what's left after HC fixed things. I've never used PTs at all. I've never played aliens. Never done abductions. Never even seen them in the game except for the two kids PG put in Widespot and this isn't Widespot. This is a Pleasantview from the original Maxis template that's been installed since 2010, so not bad for that, probably. If I were copying them to the character folder, where do I copy them from? Where are they?
Mad Poster
#18347 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 10:39 PM
Well, if they aren't PT's, I do not know what they are, but chances are..they are some kind of NPC containing items/objects you downloaded...Or, it is some of your own characters gone bad..
If it is a download, you'd find them in there...but what are they, what is their names..

Alchemist
#18348 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 10:44 PM
Well, if they aren't PT's, I do not know what they are, but chances are..they are some kind of NPC containing items/objects you downloaded...Or, it is some of your own characters gone bad..
If it is a download, you'd find them in there...but what are they, what is their names..

No idea. In SimPE, they are all just "unknown" with red potato heads. I just looked through other hoods. Even empty hoods I've never put sims in have some of those, so I guess it's just a thing. :P

Hmmmmm, one of them in one hood still had "local chef" as a name in the sim description. Could they be from deleted cook stoves or hot dog stands? Can't I safely delete those?
Mad Poster
#18349 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 11:00 PM
Oh...I would not know? But many others are better than me at this.

Forum Resident
#18350 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
I have this mod.

I interpreted the mod notes differently. This is how I interpreted it.
"Teens and Young Adults can ONLY be experimented on, if Inteen is installed"
I read it that way because of how Inteen treats teen pregnancy - it makes them pseudo-adults for the term of their pregnancy - so this mod won't change teens/YA to be pregnant if Inteen is installed just to avoid having to make the odd changes that Inteen does. My thinking is that without Inteen installed, all aspects of the abduction should work for teens and young adult Sims including pregnancy. So the answer to your question would still be yes, in my opinion.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Page 734 of 1345