Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 5:26 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 25th Jan 2010 at 12:32 PM.
Default Game crashes - NL only
I have some BHAV code which does the following:-

Code:
Expression (Global 0x0014 (Game Edition Flags 1) Flag Set? flag# Literal 0x000n (EPx))
On true run EPx only BHAV.
On false bypass EPx only BHAV and do something else.

When run in NL this causes the game to crash.
When run in an EP > NL but < EPx it works fine, the code is never run as expected.

The crash in NL appears to happen as soon as live mode is entered.

Is NL different to later EPs in this lack of toleration for unknown BHAVs even if they are not run?

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Advertisement
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 12:32 PM
To answer my own question - in case anyone else is interested in the future. Pescado confirms that NL has a weird bug where when it encounters an unknown BHAV, even if that BHAV never runs, it will crash the game. He has made a package he calls NL-AntiCrash which stubs all the missing BHAVs.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims