Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 7:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default School bus disappears upon arrival?
This is an issue I never came across in the past. My teens were coming home from school when the bus appeared for a split second and then vanished! It happened just before arriving at the house. My sims were then found standing at the front door with no homework in hand, as though they'd been reset. I have all EPs and SPs. Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 10:57 PM
They probably were reset. Very occasionally the game will try initiate an event and glitch, which can cause students to appear at home like that. If it continues to happen, I suggest turning testing cheats on so you can see what's causing the error.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 11:14 PM
Are the teen's parents at home, both of them?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are the teen's parents at home, both of them?

Yes, they live with their grandfather.
Alchemist
#5 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 2:24 AM
Is something maybe blocking the portal for the bus? Or is one missing?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xtornxandxfrayedx
Yes, they live with their grandfather.

Your answer isn't clear. So grandfather and both parents and kids all live in the same house? There is a bug that causes this if one or both parents are not living on the same lot. For that you need the mod 'get parents'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Your answer isn't clear. So grandfather and both parents and kids all live in the same house? There is a bug that causes this if one or both parents are not living on the same lot. For that you need the mod 'get parents'.

I apologize for not being clear. I should have mentioned that the main Capp household is the family I've been playing, which means three ophaned teens and their grandfather. I've been using the "Get Parents" mod for years so that can't be the problem...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 4:05 AM
Could be if load order changed.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 1:41 PM
My mods have been loaded in the same order for as long as I can remember. I tested a recent backup of the 'hood and the issue hasn't reoccurred, but I'm still curious as to what can be done should this happen again.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 7:05 PM
I agree with Devon Aster. You should run the household with the testing cheats enabled to see what, if any, errors come up when the school bus arrives.