Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 5:48 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 UC twitching and spinning
So I have a new problem with UC . I was playing just fine, went on vacation and my game randomly crashed while I was loading a vacation lot. Now in every single neighborhood, in every lot all my sims spin and twitch and won't do anything. I have tried running the hood checker, deleting all cache files like I always do. Deleted thumbnails. Here is a link to a video I posted as to what it looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfeE3bMFfwA
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 7:11 AM
Seems like a mod conflict... have you tried taking out your mods and see if it makes a difference?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 7:29 AM
They mentioned running the HDCU, but yeah, sometimes these things go undetected. If the spinning stays, try running a lot with testingcheats on and looking at the error, it might give you a hint to what's happening

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 2:56 PM
Forgive me, but i'm not super savvy with the testing cheats stuff. Could you tell me how I might do this?
Inventor
#5 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSimSariah
Forgive me, but i'm not super savvy with the testing cheats stuff. Could you tell me how I might do this?

When you'll be in game, open the console (ctrl + shift + c) and type this cheat:
boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true
And that's it.
Then go to any of your families and just play, there's a chance, that error window will pop up, it will have 3 options to choose: cancel, reset and delete.
It will have some text indicating what kind of error it is and will show you path to your game's files, where you will get error log as text (.txt) file. If you will get this error, find the file and upload it here.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 12:01 AM
Do you have Argon's townie brick? It has caused spinning in my game in CAS; and I know other players had similar spinning problems with it.

It is most probably a mod; also make sure that all the mods you use (if applicable) are updated to work with AL or M&G.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Do you have Argon's townie brick? It has caused spinning in my game in CAS; and I know other players had similar spinning problems with it.

It is most probably a mod; also make sure that all the mods you use (if applicable) are updated to work with AL or M&G.

I do have that mod! I am going to see right now if that's it
Alchemist
#8 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 11:09 AM
There is an updated version of Argon’s townie brick which no longer causes spinning. I don’t have a link just now, but the zipped file is called something like «Â*Argon-sorry it’s lateÂ*fixesÂ*»
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 2:36 PM
Alchemist
#10 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
This one? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11060.0.html

I did not know it existed!

Yes, the second item in that post. Thanks, Justpetro.

I only recently found it myself; I was so relieved to stop hassling with the townie brick when I needed to use it. Now it can sit in my downloads folder and cause no trouble.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 6:20 AM
Just wanted to update it was the brick! Thanks a bunch, gonna check out that link for the newer one