Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 2:44 PM Last edited by Echo : 25th Mar 2010 at 12:57 PM.
Default Help! SimPE freezing up
I have a new computer with a Windows7 OS. The only thing I have managed to accomplish is recoloring a maxis painting with the photo studio. Object workshop is the big problem. Using either option.."start" for recoloring maxis objects or "open" to recolor custom items, you are able to retrieve the item you want and create the new file in a seperate folder...but it freezes at that point... tells you that the new file is created and goes no further.... No subsets appear to choose from to recolor. Is there anything I can do to get the process moving?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:09 AM
Are you using the Installed version or running the exe from a folder? I think running as an installed app creates issues with permissions in W7, but can't say for sure since I run it (always have) from a folder and don't actually install it.

Also are you sure it is freezing? SimPE takes quite a while to load when using object workshop, and even longer depending on the number of EPs ticked in the file table. If you have objects that your trying to recolor that pull no files then it might not be recolorable. If this is an EAxis item make sure you have the current CEP installed and if it is a custom object it may not be recolorable. You may need to check with the creator.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 5:25 PM
Sorry for the delay in answering your post... I, too, always run this program from a folder... Yes, it really was freezing... after 10 minutes, I would call that freezing. CEP is the most current version, etc.... But I solved the problem...yay!.... a right click on the SimPE shortcut revealed an option with Windows 7 to fix incompatibility...woohooo!.... SimPE requires the service pack 2 from XP in order to run correctly. With that installed, I am able to create again.... Thank you for your time.