Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 1:01 AM
Default Direct Control Mod....discussion
Basically I'm trying to figure out adding direct control to TS 3. There is many ways to TRY and do it, and I'd like to get some discussion on possibilities.

Whether something is within my ability.....well I'll find out.

I have personally thought about 3 different options. First is mapping the arrow buttons to direct the sim to the next block in the direction.
This would possibly be slow and pointless, not counting that the game would pause between each block unless I was smarter.

Second, is to snap camera onto sim. When you move camera sim or should I say image of sims moves with it . Then by modding the
teleportation mechanic, teleport the sim to the new location once you try to interact with something. Still, questionable.

Third, is to disable the sims path processing (when you click 'go here' your sim decides a path to get there, or at least try's.) And create and entirely new system. Which is far beyond me.

So any way. If you have an idea or now why I'm a moron then feel free.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th May 2013 at 9:29 AM
Default The sims 3 direct control
This should be possible.
The Sims 3 Generations camera had a first person direct control. Maybe make a mod based on that?