Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2017 at 4:05 PM
Default Edit Gardener Service 2 mod for more active sims?
So, in the earlier versions of this mod, I could open the package file directly and edit all the details in the xml files. Then, when I got the newest version for 1.67, everything switched over to a dll file. I can change most of the variables I did before, so the sims work for 23 hours, but it still isn't enough to deal with my entire garden. It's a 64x64 lot about halfway full with plants, and since there's only two sims, they can't get to every one of them.

In the last version I could increase the pool size and force more to come out, but now it's hardcoded to two maximum.

So this leaves me with a few options.

1. Contact douglasveiga and ask for a custom version that suits my needs (already done, no reply yet)
2. Learn how to code so I can reverse-engineer this dll file and change it myself
3. Ask the entire MTS forum for help

I chose 3. If any of you would be willing to "mod the mod" so it lasts 23 hours and can send out as many sims as needed, I'd be very grateful. Otherwise, I guess I'm out of luck.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 30th May 2017 at 4:26 PM
I think it's fine to alter mods for our own personal use, but it does not seem appropriate to mod someone else's mod publicly without their permission. So I think you should wait to hear from the creator on this.

I have never used that mod. Out of curiosity, is it possible to have other members of your household to hire more gardeners or is the two-gardener limit for the entire household?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2017 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I think it's fine to alter mods for our own personal use, but it does not seem appropriate to mod someone else's mod publicly without their permission. So I think you should wait to hear from the creator on this.

I have never used that mod. Out of curiosity, is it possible to have other members of your household to hire more gardeners or is the two-gardener limit for the entire household?

Entire household. Basically, it adds a custom service in the code called 'Gardener,' using the same system the game uses for Pizza Delivery and Bulters and such. Creates 2 random NPCs, adds them to the service, and done. But it's coded so that there can only be 2 sims in that service, and I can't actually remove that limit myself without learning to code mods.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:04 PM
Moved to modding discussions!

To answer your question though... Is there an XML file or a DTMR file or something like that you can edit? Usually it's a way to edit the amount of sims you wanna include in the world. At least I've seen a file like that for EA's in-game NPCs, so maybe douglas added it to his mod as well? It should look something like this:

<RoleData>
<WorldName>FutureWorld</WorldName>
<RoleType>FutureHobo</RoleType>
<NumInMinSpec>0</NumInMinSpec>
<NumInMidSpec>2</NumInMidSpec>
<NumInMaxSpec>8</NumInMaxSpec>
</RoleData>

Or well... the thing we wanna be looking at is the:

<NumInMinSpec>0</NumInMinSpec>
<NumInMidSpec>2</NumInMidSpec>
<NumInMaxSpec>8</NumInMaxSpec>

Numinspec 0 being, well "No futurehobo" at all
Num in mid spec means, well lets'add 2 to the world. 1 is fine as well.
Numinmaxspec 8 is the maximum of how many futurehobos the game is allowed to add to the world. I know this is editable in the script though! But I'd check out for something like this first before trying to open the actual DLL file ^- ~

Then again, if you are planning on uploading it though, I would wait for douglasveiga IF you're planning on actually uploading it! ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Moved to modding discussions!

To answer your question though... Is there an XML file or a DTMR file or something like that you can edit? Usually it's a way to edit the amount of sims you wanna include in the world. At least I've seen a file like that for EA's in-game NPCs, so maybe douglas added it to his mod as well?

Nope. Just CAS presets for the NPC it spawns, an initializer, and the dll. Thanks for the help though.
Inventor
#6 Old 30th May 2017 at 11:47 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 30th May 2017 at 11:57 PM.
Feel free to copy and edit the mod as you want.

BTW,
I think you don't need to change the script, there is xml file and you will find the line:
Code:
<kGardeningTaksForExtraGardener value = "125" />

just change it as you want.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st May 2017 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Feel free to copy and edit the mod as you want.

BTW,
I think you don't need to change the script, there is xml file and you will find the line:
Code:
<kGardeningTaksForExtraGardener value = "125" />

just change it as you want.

Thanks, but I think that solution might be incorrect. The only tunable I see like that is
Code:
<kGardeningTasksForSecondGardener>
. There still seems to be a hardcoded limit of 2 sims.
Inventor
#8 Old 31st May 2017 at 11:52 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 1st Jun 2017 at 3:53 AM.
I think your are using an old version or something is different. The current version has the "Taks" misspelling.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I think your are using an old version or something is different. The current version has the "Taks" misspelling.

Yea, mine does as well. 2.3

Would you mind releasing a version without that 2 gardener limit?
Inventor
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 12:56 AM