Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:36 PM
Default Equestrian Center Competition times
I was hoping to modify the times you are able to compete in equestrian competitions. Currently it is 5-9, and I was wanting to make is like 3-10 or something along those lines. Like you could do with bars for late night.

So I was digging through the xml files, and within the equestrian center xmls, and I found all the values for just about everything pertaining to the equestrian center, including racing, but no luck "hours of competition". Am I missing something, has anyone been able to find it?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 12:50 AM
It seems that the starting times are tied to those of the show. Try changing kEveningShowStartHour in the ShowVenue resource.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:55 AM
Thank you very much, I will look into it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 4:43 AM
Any progress on this? I was looking into it myself however the kEveningShowStartHour changed the time in which the bubble displayed the next show but the show (and subsequently the competition) remained unavailable until their normal time.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 11:54 AM
Can you please tell me how to do this? step by step?
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megalmop
Can you please tell me how to do this? step by step?

I think the point is, megalmop, that nobody's figured out how to do it yet However, if you want to work on it yourself and see if you can solve it, the posts above tell you which XML resource to look at, and this tutorial will tell you, step by step, how to modify it: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Tuning_Modding

The tricky part is figuring out how to modify it to get the effect you want... if indeed it can be done using XML tuning at all. If not, you might need to learn about other kinds of modding, like script modding.
Inventor
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:07 PM
@KVRadiation: I changed mine to 12 and it didn't work until the next day. My savegame was at just after 12, so it's possible that the alarms don't work on the first day after the switch if you're already after the starting time. On the next day, however, I could enter a race without problems at the earlier time (12).
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@KVRadiation: I changed mine to 12 and it didn't work until the next day. My savegame was at just after 12, so it's possible that the alarms don't work on the first day after the switch if you're already after the starting time. On the next day, however, I could enter a race without problems at the earlier time (12).

Hmmm I modified mine to 10am and while the show times showed the change I still could only enter at 5pm (12pm on Sunday). If possible could you show me what you changed so I can see if we're working on the same thing?
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KVRadiation
Hmmm I modified mine to 10am and while the show times showed the change I still could only enter at 5pm (12pm on Sunday). If possible could you show me what you changed so I can see if we're working on the same thing?

Alright I take that back. I've got this up and running now (10am to 10pm Sun-Sat). Not sure entirely what the difference was but thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass

How did you change it?
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megalmop
How did you change it?

It was in the ShowVenue resource. Interestingly enough, it seems as though the game used the matinee hours for the competitions even though it wasn't a matinee time. So I ended up changing evening and matinee hours. I also couldn't make the hours work properly until I included every day of the week in either the evening or matinee values in the EquestrianCenter resource.

It's probably a tad more complicated than it needs to be but hey, it works. :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 8:45 AM
so is anyone going to be sharing the love on this??? i can't commit to doing my own modding but i seriously need to be able to go to more than 2 competitions a day. going whenever i wanted would be amazing as well, similar to how the bars really don't close if you have the mod. i believe this was mentioned already, but i am salivating over the possibility.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 12:18 PM
http://nene.modthesims.info/d/460162

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th May 2017 at 6:55 AM
If you have Master Controller. Go to the equestrian Center. click on it. select NCaas> debugger>options: equestrian center>trigger equestrian competition. You can do this at any time and as many time as you want. I hope this make sense.