Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2019 at 12:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Roof sticking into house.
Hello,
I'm trying to do a roof similar to this house here . Unfortunately, there's a random piece of roof sticking into the dormer, preventing me from putting a window there.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:32 PM
Did you download that house to look at it? Just wondering, because, in the picture, it looks to me like it also has that "random piece of roof sticking into the dormer."
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2019 at 4:29 PM
The window might have been placed using moveobjects on.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2019 at 6:14 PM
Or the windows were placed before the roof. Windows don't much like being placed with Moveobjects if something else than curtains is in the way.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2019 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Did you download that house to look at it? Just wondering, because, in the picture, it looks to me like it also has that "random piece of roof sticking into the dormer."

I didn't download the house, but the piece of roof sticking into the house seemed to disappear after I replaced that section of roof, though I don't know why.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The window might have been placed using moveobjects on.

Using moveobjects tends to give me filled-in windows.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Or the windows were placed before the roof. Windows don't much like being placed with Moveobjects if something else than curtains is in the way.

The game won't let me place roof there if there are windows. I have to remove the windows, place the roofing, and replace them. That's what I did for this house here .
Instructor
#6 Old 4th May 2019 at 6:58 PM
It means your room is not sealed off. Place your flooring on each floor and a ceiling.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th May 2019 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Using moveobjects tends to give me filled-in windows.

Yes, but this gets fixed by going back to 'Hood and back to lot, or by pretending to delete the wall piece. (ctrl wall tool, drag off, drag back without letting it go.)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)