Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 5:58 PM Last edited by LeeSimz125 : 5th Apr 2015 at 10:47 PM.
The Sims 4 Shadow Child Challenge!
Welcome to the Sims 4 Shadow Child Challenge!

A FEW THINGS BEFORE I BEGIN : I don't know if there are other challenges like this, but I thought of this one, soooo
AND......This challenge is based off the book Among the Hidden By Margaret Peterson Haddix (I think that's her name, lol)

UPDATE PLEASE READ!!!!! Since the new update is out, you may have the Shadow Child live in a basement instead if you wish!!!! Also, I didn't know this but if needed, the parents may write excuse notes for the Shadow Child not being at school. Even tho technically the Shadow Child doesn't exist sooooooo, whateves its the stupid Sims 4 logics

Story-line: You live in a Government that's always been afraid of running out of food, so they made a law that families can only have 2 children and NO more than 2. Well, your family was complete, 2 parents, 2 older siblings, then you were born. The third, illegal if I may say, child.You are forced to hide for the rest of your life. You never got to do all the things your older siblings did, like going to school or leave the house. You hate every second of it, but you know you must go with it. Otherwise, you will be found by the Population Police and they will ABSOLUTELY kill you, and possibly your family!

Starting Out:
Create 2 ADULT (not Young Adult) parents. Name, traits, walk, voice, looks, etc don't matter. You may use custom content if you wish.

Then, create 2 teens (gender and looks, traits, blah, blah, blah don't matter.) These are the 2 LEGAL children. They must, of course, be the siblings of the Shadow Child.

Finally, create your "Shadow Child" or illegal child. They MUST be a child, but the gender doesn't matter. They may have any of the following traits: Gloomy, Cheerful, Slob, Mean. They must have raggier looking clothes and hair. If nothing really looks "hobo-ish" then just do something close to that.

Move into a new lot and bulldoze it so it is an empty lot. Build a house with the following rooms: One parents' bedroom, one bedroom ONLY for the older children to share, a kitchen and living room combined, and one bathroom. After that, build a second floor attic (or basement.). This will be where the Shadow Child lives.

The rooms may have the following objects in them, but NOTHING else. (No technology such as video games or TVs are allowed in ANY part of the house except for the computer in the Living Room.)

Parents' Bedroom: One Double Bed, a dresser, a mirror, and a bookshelf.
Legal Children's Bedroom: Two of the second-cheapest beds, dresser, Each child may have ONE activity-item. Example: Violin, guitar, easel, bookshelf
Kitchen/Living Room: Fridge, stove, sink, three counters, coffee machine, one table, 4 chairs, a couch, desk, desk chair, and the CHEAPEST computer.
Bathroom: Cheapest toilet, shower, and sink you can buy.
Shadow Child's Attic: One Child's bed, bookshelves, ONE toy only, a chair

RULES:
For the Legal peeps: The Mother and Father both must have jobs. They can learn any skill they want for hobbies or for work.
The Two oldest children must go to school and do things all teens do. They may have a part time job and date if they wish. They must move out when they become a Young Adult.

For the Shadow Child: They must never turn on radios, cook, or do anything loud. They may not go to school or call people on the phone. You may not leave the lot. While everyone else is busy and not paying attention, you may however look for other children. If you see another child anywhere around your house, you may sneak out and talk to them. But, you must be inside the house at 7:00, that being P.M or A.M.
You can read books in YOUR room only and do other things while no one is home, like get on the computer. When you age into a teen, you may look for a girl/boyfriend around your house like you did when you were a child. You must also learn a skill and really focus on it! It needs to be mastered before you become a young adult! When you are a Young Adult, you are finally old enough to come out of hiding! You may marry, have children, and do whatever else you like! You're officially free!

Other Rules:

-No money cheats
-No cheats at ALL besides moveobjects or resetSim
-No Mods that give you an advantage over other players
-Must be set at the normal life-span!
-No aging up early
-HAVE FUN!!!!!

How To Win:
You win the challenge by having the Shadow Child age up into a Young Adult without knowing any other people besides their family and up to 3 other children/teens. They must also have mastered at LEAST one skill! You don't have to get married, but you must at least be dating someone.

I think that about covers all of it, hope you like it and try it! This took a long time to think of!!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 11:04 PM
I love this challenge! :lovestruc
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 12:35 AM
Wouldn't a -2 story basement make more sense for the third kid?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pikeman101
Wouldn't a -2 story basement make more sense for the third kid?

Before I start, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to inform you

1st of all when I wrote this basements weren't out yet xP

2nd in the book, as I said, the Shadow Child lived in the attic.

But if you want, it's totally fine for them to be in the basement! It's completely up to you! I'll add a lil' edit thingy-ma-jig
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minecraft_Simmer
I love this challenge! :lovestruc

Thx! <3 That means alot! It took me a while to write this, so I'm glad ya like it! If you ever do the challenge, I'd love to see pics! If you have any questions, just ask! :3
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 2:32 AM
I have one question....
How do you keep the "shadow child" from going to school without the parents/child getting in trouble? If a kid misses a lot of school, don't they get taken away?
(There used to be a mod that would allow you to not have kids in school, but it no longer works with the new patch, apparently).
Thanks! This seems like a cool challenge, and if I can figure out that bit I might try it.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oleander25
I have one question....
How do you keep the "shadow child" from going to school without the parents/child getting in trouble? If a kid misses a lot of school, don't they get taken away?
(There used to be a mod that would allow you to not have kids in school, but it no longer works with the new patch, apparently).
Thanks! This seems like a cool challenge, and if I can figure out that bit I might try it.

Have a parent write a note to excuse absence and pretend they are just writing a letter?

Very cute idea Lee.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cookniro
Have a parent write a note to excuse absence and pretend they are just writing a letter?

Very cute idea Lee.

Aww thx!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oleander25
I have one question....

Oh, I'm kinda noob-ish, so I don't know EVERYTHING about the Sims 4 so do children get taken away if they don't go to school? I didn't know dat Well, since Sims 4 has stupid friggin' logics, (xD) just have the parents write excuse notes. Even tho technically no one is suppose to know they're alive lol.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:11 PM
Default Hold on
Quote: Originally posted by LeeSimz125
Oh, I'm kinda noob-ish, so I don't know EVERYTHING about the Sims 4 so do children get taken away if they don't go to school? I didn't know dat Well, since Sims 4 has stupid friggin' logics, (xD) just have the parents write excuse notes. Even tho technically no one is suppose to know they're alive lol.

They don't get taken away, do they..?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simtastic67
They don't get taken away, do they..?

I actually I have no clue, but I don't think so. As far as I know, the only way they can be taken away is if you neglect their needs. :P
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 2:49 PM
Wow, this challenge looks awesome and I'm a huge fan of the book series! I'll certainly try this