Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Choosing genetics - hair color
Hello i didn't know where to ask this, so posting here. I want know if there's a cheat or if somebody know how in game we could choose the baby hair color, i have a couple the male is black haired and the wife red hair... they always have kids black haired, i know it's dominant, but i want a baby red haired how could i make this possible? I don't want change it in simpe, i wanted the baby to born with red hair in game... oh please help me? :D
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:15 PM
The only way to change those sims genetics is with SimPE I'm afraid. It isn't that hard, you just open DNA and under his hair you need to put the code for red hair recessive. 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 This gives them a chance at having a red haired baby.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The only way to change those sims genetics is with SimPE I'm afraid. It isn't that hard, you just open DNA and under his hair you need to put the code for red hair recessive. 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 This gives them a chance at having a red haired baby.

joandsarah77 thanks for reply :D! So i should open my red haired sim in SimPE and hange that? So this way her red hair would turn dominant is it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:32 PM
No, red hair is recessive in sims just like it is in real life. If you give him a red hair as recessive it means your baby has a chance of red hair. Mum can only give the red hair gene as she is a red head, dad can pass on either black or red once you have fixed it. You may have to exit and reload the lot a number of times to get a red haired baby. Dad still has a higher chance of passing on black hair. If you want it to be guaranteed of red hair change dads dominant hair colour to red as well. You can still go to a mirror in game and give him black hair, just that it would be dyed black not natural black.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:37 PM
Alright joandsarah77 i got it thank you!
Site Helper
#6 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 4:52 PM
You can also change the dominance of red and black hair (temporarily, if you like) using this mod:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=434085

Install dominant red and recessive black, have the baby, then remove the mods if you like.