Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 9:57 PM
How the heck do I make Objects?!
I was just what to know how the heck do I make costum content for The Sims 2? I want to make a laptop for the sims 2. Please Help! :
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 10:17 PM
U cant just start making objects unless you are really good.
Im not saying u cant u can but Im going slow from wallpapers,flooring,recolors, and im working on clothes now.

A laptop has already been made for the sims look really good through the electronics section.

Its hard to make objects but ive never tried
youll need milkshape and SimPE I guess
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 10:39 PM
You can take a look at the Creation Start-Up Center. Everyone can do it, but don't underestimate the effort needed for creating an object: be prepared to many many failed attempts
I second Simmy's suggestion: better start with a recolour.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 5:46 PM
Definitely start out slow! Walls, flooring, and ground textures (homecrafter plus) are good to start out with. Then try moving on to making clothes (bodyshop) and recolouring objects (SimPE). This will also give you some insight on how meshes are UV mapped. Then, when you are absolutely comfortable, you may want to create your own custom meshes to place in the game. For this, there are several different 3D modeling programs to make meshes. Some of these programs are free and some can cost up to $5000. But do not attempt this just yet (I learned that the hard way). I started making my own objects last may, and now I'm pretty comfortable with meshes and recolouring. It's important, though, to be patient as you (and everyone is) likely to make some blunders along the way, but it's the only way to learn. Just take it easy and have fun while learning to make custom objects.

Okay, I'll shut up now, lol.

P.S. There are several good (though some are now obsolete) tutorials on this site. Be sure to check them out!