Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2013 at 10:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bush fire on lot caused servo to stop recharging...
... and I have CJ not run amuk for the servos. Was after a storm I notice fire alarm in yard never goes off. So I just delete it. Who cares. But next day servo needs charged and now he will not. I read only this on subject here on livejournal: http://thesims2.livejournal.com/6100057.html I have batbox but it says nothing of a fire to fix. I delete all trees and put them back. Hit play. Bush suddenly is on fire. Sims go crazy. I have house man extinguish bush. Next bush catches fire. I have him extinguish it. No fires. Servo still will not recharge.

Also, that forum said my servo can sleep in a bed but he cannot.

So, there was an invisible fire.

Any ideas to get my servo to recharge again? I have not tried moving him in and out yet. I do that now. I have not deleted all bushes yet. I ask this before so maybe I save myself extra headache if someone knows exactly what is going on.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th May 2013 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
I have not tried moving him in and out yet.

You should try that now. If it still persists, it could be a bug in the servo or the whole game, who knows.

Tell us if it persists after moving in and out, then somebody smarter could come in and help you. If there are any new error logs that generate, that can help too. They'll usually be named "Sims2Exception [DATEHERE]" and are located in C:\Users\YourComputer\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs folder.
Site Helper
#3 Old 13th May 2013 at 4:36 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 13th May 2013 at 5:51 PM.
The error logs are rarely useful in this situation. In particular, the Sims2Exception files are of no use to anyone who does not work for EA with access to the game source code.

Have you done the entire Game_Help:Game_Problemwiki FAQ? It will help you to determine whether the problem is related to your CC, your save game, or something else. Most problems can be solved by following the FAQ. However, if it doesn't solve your problems, then post back here and tell us exactly what you did and the results of your tests.

Basically, your job is to narrow down the problem more and more, until you've solved the problem or until there is nothing left to try. That's where moving your sims out of the lot, and trying different sims and different lots comes in. The more that you can tell us about your problem (by doing the FAQ and other things like moving your sims), the more likely that you will actually solve the problem yourself and the more likely that we can help you if you really can't solve the problem yourself.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2013 at 5:11 PM
Thanks. I was just wondering if anyone had this before and thought of something new to it. Now my lot is barren of plants and my robot moved out and back in. Of course he works fine now. Cheers!