Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 7:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default MunchieBots seem faulty?
Hola! So... I was just sitting around and building my midget robot army, when I noticed something weird.

So I've created a MunchieBot, the one which can deliver a pizza or chinese food to you (and if it's broken, dirty dishes). I guided my Sim to turn it on. MunchieBot raised up in the air, flown away from it's base and sticked around there (about couple of footsteps away from the base) for about... 1 Sim hour? And then it returned above it's base and... just kept levitating above it. And nothing. I moved on and completely forgot about it, and by the end of the day (human day ) I remembered it and... nothing, it was still there, doing nothing. Followed the whole FAQ all until "Try reinstalling the game."

Are there any other steps before I should reinstall The Sims 2 Open for Business, or... ? Thanks!

~DJ.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 8:29 PM
There's nothing wrong with your game. The robots have always been virtually useless. Go to simwardrobe.com and look under Sims 2/Object/Robots to find better versions.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 12:05 PM
You don't say?

But couple of months before MunchieBots worked perfectly. So as the other robots. Weird.

OK thanks for the reply!

~DJ.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 5:23 PM
I guess Munchiebots come into their own when your Sims are hungry only they can detect it maybe?
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 7:40 PM
I'd disagree with you, Bonita. I think it's just a robot with minimum functions and high percent of failure, eg getting broken.

As I wrote above, my Sim was starving so he activated MunchieBot (sorry! My bad. Forgot to write that). If he wasn't he'd call the delivery (I personally only use robots when in crio state). And when I activated MunchieBot for the first time (couple of months ago) my Sims were in excellent mood with no motive decay (used the cheat to test out everything that came with OFB. I was crazy and all the time I was going "Clean ALLLLL the dishes Servo *insert mad laugh here*") - and it immediately brought me chinese food.

Weird, haven't tested it/turned it on since.

A wise man once said, "EA sometimes does something which completely makes no sense."

~DJ.